X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with DVDFAB 7062

The latest issues of DVD fab seems to now have a issues:

1)

DVDFAB can no longer track which dvd tray it is currently accessing.

Example.... 1 dvd in tray D: 1 dvd in tray E:

DVD Fab is launched and is accessing\reading tray D:
    Then I launch dvdfab again it then tries to open d: instead of e: It appears to want to access what ever drive was first active. This consistent and very reproducible.

2) DVD Fab 7.0.6.2 seems to have issues reading some dvds which causes it to crash, and close that one instance of dvdfab. This I can reproduce at will with the movies listed below.

Example... Drive e: put in the movie RV it starts reading after a few seconds it crashes. This has happened to the following movies: RV, Simpons The Movie, The Last Legion... This happen if I try just one movie at a time... it also occurs in both drives d: (std +-dvd rom); and also in my pioneer bdrom drive e: Note other movies seem to work just fine.

3) Very dispointed the licensing was changed with this revision. I have been a loyal customer for 5+ years or so, and now to loose the blue ray features is very disapointing. It would be nice for long term customers to at least get a better than general public discount.
    Last edited by dcatcha; 05-28-2010, 11:51 PM.

V 7.0.6.5 is latest version.

Comment

Results from upgrade

I upgraded to 7.0.6.7

the crashing issue seems to be fixed, however DVDFAB still is unable to recognize which dvd drive it is already working with.

Example load dvd into tray d: it reads it I click next
      then launch another copy of dvdfab it too now tries to open d: instead of e:
      I click cancel then it started looking at drive e:

I am sure it is a low priority, but it would be nice to have the functionailty back.

Comment

Originally posted by dcatcha View Post
        I upgraded to 7.0.6.7

the crashing issue seems to be fixed, however DVDFAB still is unable to recognize which dvd drive it is already working with.

Example load dvd into tray d: it reads it I click next
        then launch another copy of dvdfab it too now tries to open d: instead of e:
        I click cancel then it started looking at drive e:

I am sure it is a low priority, but it would be nice to have the functionailty back.
        It never left but I have found that several of the new release do not hold your old setting.

Click on the green circle and then on General . Look to see if your Output Directory has the drive listed you want to use as default.

I have had to reset the drive I want as default on more than one of the release after installing.

Comment

Working...
        X