This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Basic Noob Questions

Questions about purchased dual layered movies and making backups. I use DVD Fab for all uses.

1) When I have a dual layered movie, options to copy are dvd5 or dvd9. 5 I know is single and 9 is dual layered. It will allow me to burn to dvd5 with 50% compression. Is this meaning that I will loose 50% quality of the movie?
    2) If I burn to dL (dvd9 with a dL blank disk) will it play on most dvd players?
    3) When copying movies should the target file be an ISO to put on my hard drive and then copy from that, or is it ok to go to blank media as target.

I am just trying to get the best quality of movie copy if it is a dual layered movie. Also, I am assuming as I read the forum that I should be buying verbatim blank disks?? Seems like that is the best media to use?? Thanks for all the help.

Answers to your questions.
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. It is OK to go to blank media. In fact Fab creates a temp file on your HDD before the burning process is initiated.
    4. Verbatim definitely (MIS)
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X