This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates

This might not sound to smart!, but when you update and the download says do you want to save this folder or run, what difference does it make, just want to know! can't get as smart as you guys without asking!

Two major advantages to saving:

1.) You should always save the installer to a location of your choice > close the download > right click on the installer where it's saved > Run as Administrator.
    Doing this every time will often save you from a world of pain, particularly when running Win 7.

2.) You never know when an older version will come in handy....perhaps having to revert to a previous version because of a bug with the present one, or sometimes an older version will decrypt a "problematic" disc...one that is causing a newer version to stumble.

BTW, it's a plenty smart question...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

updates

thank you very much MAINEMAN! Didn't turn out to be a dumb question after all. I will start to save now so I can go back if I need to, wish I knew this before!, but I do have fab5, fab6, now fab7, and I have went back in the past and used an early verison! like I said before, you guys are GREAT!!!

Comment

Working...
      X