This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 7.0.5.2 Virus

I'm running DVDFab 7.0.5.2 just the decrypter on windows 7 ultimate and using Sunbelt Vipre as my active AV. Recently DVDFab tried to call home to check for an update and the update.exe got pegged as a virus. I'm aware of what the file is/does and realize it as a false positive however it may be something the Fengtao team wants to be aware of.

(I realize this is not a question but couldn't really figure a more appropriate place to place it.)

Originally posted by So Someday View Post
    I'm running DVDFab 7.0.5.2 just the decrypter on windows 7 ultimate and using Sunbelt Vipre as my active AV. Recently DVDFab tried to call home to check for an update and the update.exe got pegged as a virus. I'm aware of what the file is/does and realize it as a false positive however it may be something the Fengtao team wants to be aware of.

(I realize this is not a question but couldn't really figure a more appropriate place to place it.)
    Thanks for the info as other users of Sunbelt Vipre may benefit.
    Have you updated to v.7067 to see if this issue is reproduced?

I would contact Sunbelt Vipre and report this problem.
    Since it is a false positive, this is an issue for Sunbelt Vipre.

We see this fairly often with McAfee
    Again, thanks for reporting this
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by So Someday View Post

I used to get this with McAfee protection, but I don't now, as someone here suggested I turned off the automatic updates on DVD Fab and it was/is okay now, apparently this false positive is (with McAfee anyway) only to do with automatic updates.

IF you have them on for DVD Fab try turning them off, it doesn't affect your DVD Fab, just do as I do and check this Forum regularly for updates and do them manually.

Comment

I have wrote to them before about false positives and they typically just tell me, "if you know it's not a threat add it to your "allowed" list". I did recently update to the most current release and I haven't had the issue (then again I added update.exe to my always allowed roster.) Strange though that of all the programs that use an update feature this is the first time I've had one pegged by my AV.

Comment

Working...
        X