This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

logging-on

Having trouble logging on to repliy to other members! keeps giving me the log-in screen, sorry If I don't reply! Have to figure out this whole thing!, but would like to say that all you wizards from fab and members, I have an old computer and going to up date,I have an old dell-Optiplex GX-260, could anybody make any sugestions on what to get! I was looking at 1TB HDD, with a Quad processor, and I read about NAIVIDA from reading members post!, What's the deal with cuda and NAIVIDA graphics or what graphics card should I look for? ATI, I read from posts also! Does it matter what brand of computer you buy? I just want the beat for my dvdfab! MY computer is still only working on mepg2 format! On the decorder and encoder of dvdfab I can't use none of the software, it don't even see avc core! Also looking at 8G's memorey! Please reply, thank YOU ALL MIGHTY WIZARDS!!!
    Last edited by 8855A; 05-30-2010, 10:18 PM. Reason: another question

What is i3,i5,and i7 for as your processore!

Comment

As best I can tell the i7 is a quad core and the i3 and i5 are dual core. I would go with the i7 for sure if it were my choice.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

logging on

Thanks very much 90312, now I know what the differance is! Just a little more information and I'll be on my way to getting a new computer! Just waiting for all you wonderful wizards in dvdfab and members land to help me out with some more informantion!

Comment

If you are going with 8GB of RAM get a 64 bit OS because a 32 bit OS will only use 4GB and only make about 3.3GB available to programs. I have an Nvidia card and have no complaints. ATI makes a good card as well but the Catalyst drivers have caused numerous issues that I have read about. I recommend Windows 7 64 bit OS.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Forum logging-on

90312, Thanks very much for the information, with your information, and SIGNALS, GREGIBOY, and help from MAINEMAN! I'm set to go a new pc! I'm a happy camper! THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X