This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V. 7.0.6.7 Problems.

Not sure if I can explain the problem correctly but here goes. After using the DVD-5 option on a full disk and then trying to copy an .iso file to the hard drive, the size of this file is way to large for a single layer disk. It looks like it is using the DVD-9 option. I resinstalled and tried again , but the same thing happens...
    Even tried different DVD's but the problem remains.... Any ideas ?

This iso option makes a disk image, if the disk is a dual layer the iso will be as well. Are making the iso from the original disk?

I may have to eat my words, I've never tried to compress to an iso image don't know if you can do that or not?
    Last edited by 90312; 06-02-2010, 05:03 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, the original DVD is a dual layer, but I have chosen the DVD-5 option before and compressed it to a single layer DVD .iso image. Maybe the newer version of the problem wont allow you to do that. Of course in compressing to a single layer I usually just do the main movie, so I can get close to 100%. Dont know, maybe someone else has noticed the change. Thanks..

Comment

markst,
        I would suggest to visit Settings page and review all your output size settings. It's possible that with installation of you current version all your previous settings were reset to default. Besides, you should keep in mind that ISO is requires (even very little) overhead. And your burner wouldn't burn you content if it even 1 bite over the limit.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks, Ill give it a try tonite. It's really strange because the DVD-5 option is selected, yet the ISO image is is dual layer size. Again thanks..

Comment

markst
            Are you using the free version or paid? If using the free version and the trial ended you will no longer be able to compress
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

It is the latest (7.0.6.7), which Im assuming hasnt expired....

Comment

Do not assume anything.

Click on the "?" on the top right of the Fab window and then "About"
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When I click on about here is what I get:

DVD to DVD Licensee-Trial User Enabled-Yes Update Expire Time-Never be used

HD Decrypter Free Edition Never Expire

It is version 7.0.6.7 30/05/2010

Comment

Follow up info here. When I set it up to do an .iso it shows DVD-9. If I change to DVD-5 it says DVD to DVD option has expired. If I leave it at DVD-9 it creates a dual-layer .iso image.. Another problem is once it say DVD to DVD option has expired I cannot do anything else without the DVD to DVD option being shown.

Adding info I as go..

Just restarted the machine to see if there are any changes and there are.
                    When I restarted DVDFAB the DVD to DVD option has expired.
                    Last edited by markst; 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM.

Comment

It must be expired markst, I just tried a Disney flick and it compressed to DVD-5 iso image just fine. Played with VLC.
                      Last edited by 90312; 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

markst
                        As I said in my previous post it sounds as if your trial is over.
                        If using the free version and the trial ended you will no longer be able to compress
                        CBR929

Sorry didn't see you 90312
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                          Sorry didn't see you 90312
                          No problem pal you know what they say about great minds!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Appreciate the help. I'll just wait till the next one. Just wanted to try it out to see which one of the programs I would like to use...

Comment

Originally posted by markst View Post
                              Appreciate the help. I'll just wait till the next one. Just wanted to try it out to see which one of the programs I would like to use...
                              For me it was a no brainier when I started using Fab, I bought the lifetime for DVD to DVD and will buy more lifetime modules in the near future.

With the ease of use and support you can not go wrong with Fab but, that is your decision hope you join
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X