X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Mobile Back to Fully Functional DVD

Hello everyone,

I know it is possible to copy the dvd to the computer. But is it possible if you choose to copy all the "titles" (parts of the movie including bonus features) instead of just the actual movie, you can then be able to burn all those files to a DVD so it is fully functional on a DVD player. So that it has a menu screen and exactly like the original. I know by default it only rips the movie itself off the DVD, but what if you want to back up the DVD in its entirety.

Thank you.

Yes, you just use "Full Disk" in DVD to DVD mode.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-05-2010, 10:13 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Yes, you just use "Full Disk" in DVD to DVD mode.
      But if I decide to rip all the files off the dvd they are exported into a folder as a bunch of different files. So if I select all those files and use "full disk" they all magically get put together into the correct order? Can it really take all those files and make it into the original DVD I started out with. Including a menu and everything?

Comment

When using DVD to DVD, you have to select a mode, but you also can toggle the modes on the left hand pane to place the modes in any order you wish and make any mode you want, your default. You can also select
        (My setup defaults to customize mode)

I'm not understanding why you would want to go from a Mobile converted file back to dvd compliant structure. This won't work.
        Why not just use the original disc and use Clone Mode?

This will give you what is essentially a bit for bit copy of the original
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          When using DVD to DVD, you have to select a mode, but you also can toggle the modes on the left hand pane to place the modes in any order you wish and make any mode you want, your default. You can also select
          (My setup defaults to customize mode)

I'm not understanding why you would want to go from a Mobile converted file back to dvd compliant structure. This won't work.
          Why not just use the original disc and use Clone Mode?

This will give you what is essentially a bit for bit copy of the original
          http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/DVD-to-DVD-Clone
          Ok, this sounds more like what I want. But when I do a "clone" can it still be accessed on my hard drive like a regular file?
          Basically, i am trying to backup certain dvd's in their entirety. Not just the file containing the movie. I want to be able to have it on my computer and then if I need to, reproduce the dvd exactly from the backup on my computer by burning a new copy on to a blank dvd.

Comment

Originally posted by emagine View Post
            Ok, this sounds more like what I want. But when I do a "clone" can it still be accessed on my hard drive like a regular file?
            Basically, i am trying to backup certain dvd's in their entirety. Not just the file containing the movie. I want to be able to have it on my computer and then if I need to, reproduce the dvd exactly from the backup on my computer by burning a new copy on to a blank dvd.
            You can easily do it by choosing .iso (image file) as your output format. In this case you will have absolutely full copy "picture" of your disc on your HDD.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Maineman, I think he's talking about VOB's, etc.

@emagine.

You would use DVD to DVD to rip the full disk to your hard disk and it will give you VOB, IFO & BUP files of which the DVD structure is comprised.

To burn the DVD structure to a blank disk, you use the Write Data mode and this will write the structure correctly to a blank DVD.

If you use DVD to Mobile to rip to your hard disk, Fab has no way of recreating the DVD structure from the AVI, MKV or MP4 files produced.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Right, which is why I told him this "re-creation" won't work and to use the original dvd in clone mode. Then the world is his oyster...

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

@emagine.

You would use DVD to DVD to rip the full disk to your hard disk and it will give you VOB, IFO & BUP files of which the DVD structure is comprised.

To burn the DVD structure to a blank disk, you use the Write Data mode and this will write the structure correctly to a blank DVD.

If you use DVD to Mobile to rip to your hard disk, Fab has no way of recreating the DVD structure from the AVI, MKV or MP4 files produced.
                  OOOOOOO......Now I get it. Can you watch the "image" on your computer or is that only for burning it to a dvd?

Comment

Sure you can. You can do anything you want from your hdd.
                    Most of us recommend VLC, but there are a variety of software players that'll work just fine

Comment

Sure you can. You can do anything you want from your hdd.
                      Most of us recommend VLC, but there are a variety of software players that'll work just fine
                      Yes, I love VLC. So burning an image is the best way to be able to watch a dvd on your computer like how it is when you put it in a dvd player and watch it on your screen. From the image I can access the menu and everything? Why do people not just do this. Is it lower quality/take up more space?

Comment

Well, I suppose there are many reasons, but try sitting around the pc with your kids and grandkids for an evening at the movies...
                        I will watch some stuff on my pc, but I much prefer watching movies from my media player ---> HD TV.
                        I can park my tired, old arse in my lazy-boy and navigate to any one of a thousand movies...all without ever moving.
                        This all courtesy of my pal and mentor GregiBoy ...the King of Mobile....

Comment

Yeah. And what did the player cost ya? About $90 if I remember rightly?

Comment

Yeah. And what did the player cost ya? About $90 if I remember rightly?
                            You got it pal...I think it was $89, no tax and free shipping to boot.
                            SWEET!!!

Comment

Well, I suppose there are many reasons, but try sitting around the pc with your kids and grandkids for an evening at the movies...
                              I will watch some stuff on my pc, but I much prefer watching movies from my media player ---> HD TV.
                              I can park my tired, old arse in my lazy-boy and navigate to any one of a thousand movies...all without ever moving.
                              This all courtesy of my pal and mentor GregiBoy ...the King of Mobile....
                              So Gregiboy is kind of a legend around here? I use a roku but that is not a full blown media center. What do you guys use?

Comment

Working...
                              X