X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie with protection css removal question

Hey what's up everyone.

I'm completely new to burning DVD's and I just downloaded dvdfab and I'm on the trial to check it out, seems to be the most popular program out.

Anyhow, the way I burn DVD's is by using my neighbors DVD Duplicator, I put the DVD in the top drive, the blanks below, and burn. Simple, no software or anything, not even a PC needed... Problem I ran into was I put a DVD in the drive and it said it had CSS and couldn't burn... now I had to resort the the computer.

DVDFab says it removes this, my question is, does it remove it from the actual original disc? Or does it burn the original to a new disc and the new one is free from protection? Also, is there a way to just remove the CSS without actually burning a copy since I use the duplicator I don't need to be nor want to be burning at the PC..

Thanks so much guys! Anxiously waiting for a reply!

There is no way to remove CSS from the original as the original presssed disks are read only. You have to burn a disk.

Also, make sure that you have downloaded the CSS version from the links in this forum, not the non-CSS version from DVDFAB.net
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I used the DVD to DVD burn in DVDFab 7, that one should remove it right? I downloaded from the main site.

and thanks for quick reply!!

Comment

That is correct. Fab will remove CSS when you burn the copy.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I put the 2nd DVD to burn but the Source: up top still shows the name of the first DVD... should I be worried?

I only have 1 DVD writer drive so I know it's burning the new one in there.

Comment

Ok apparently I was wrong, the 2nd DVD did not burn properly... it's not being read by the DVD ROM or the DVD Player in the house, shows up as blank in the ROM, if you look at it it's clearly written on and almost full. I guess cause the Source: still showed the first DVD I put in, how do I start a new DVD to burn? Must I close the program and start over?

Sorry for all the questions. I checked the first burned DVD and it's flawless.

Comment

To be safe, restart Fab.

I have seen this happen only with a few installs and really do not know what causes the non-recognition of a newly inserted disk.

Comment

Ok thanks. Man I just lost 2 DVD's, copy failed twice in a row early on. It might be my old drives fault though.... and the super new DVD +R and all that technology.

Thanks so much for your help GregiBoy!

Comment

Have a read of the "Help Us Help You" threads and post your logs and we may be able to identify where the problem is.

Comment

cmoazz
                    Could you please post your burn logs as there may be something else going on The default location is:
                    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I sometimes have it not see a new disk! I have gone intowindows explorer and seen that the system still thinks the other disk is still in the drive and not the new disk so I right click and choose eject and the restart fab and that usally takes care of the problem. have this issue for the computer not just fab somtimes have to do this for cyberlink player. hope this helps

Comment

This sounds like a problem with yout computer then and nothing to do with Fab.

Perhaps another forum member has some input to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X