This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Decrypter free vs. trial Question

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but not the software. I think I have a real easy question that I just can't find on this website or through contacting DVDFab directly:

I have and love DVD Decrypter 5.x. It does all I need it to which is simply copy a dvd movie to my hard drive. That's it. Done. Great. However, it is beginning to fail with newer movies. Fine. That usually means I need a newer version of the software in order for it to copy the movies.

What I do not understand and cannot confirm is exactly how the new DVD HD Decrypter 7.x is licensed. For examples:

1)If I install DVD HD Decrypter 7.x, does it ever expire?

2)Building on #1, I did install 7.x and it tells me that I am beginning to use a trial of DVD To DVD...which clearly lists DVD To DVD as a 30 day trial. So...what gives? Which is it? 30 days or forever (to simply copy a dvd to my drive)? Will DVD HD Decrypter 7.x expire after 30 days if all I am using it for is to copy dvds to my hard drive?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions/concerns in plain English...and hopefully someone employed at DVDFab.

Again, all I want to do is copy dvd movies to my hard drive...forever...for free...no ipod conversions, etc. Yes, someday I will very likely buy a full version of the DVD Suite when I get an iPhone or maybe try to create a media hub...but for now it's simply copying dvds. I've been doing this just fine with 5.x for over a year now and I'm a bit worried about just how long the "free" 7.x will work as it is not labeled as "trialware" yet it warns me I am using a trial of DVD To DVD.

You can see sample screenshots right from DVDFab's own website: http://dvdfab.com/en/hd-decrypter.htm Screenshot #3 is what I am worried about (not getting it now because I just installed it)...it states the end user must buy a new license...huh? Isn't it free?...the top of the webpage states "DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab "DVD to DVD" and DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" and has a big FREE icon next to it.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!

-Eric
    Last edited by ericdvdfab; 06-16-2010, 07:55 PM.

By the time I finished reading all that rambling I forgot what the question was and had to read it again.

Trial version = 30 days full function.

Trial version at 31 days reverts to the HD Decrypter which does not expire.

As requested this reply is in English but not by a Fab employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      By the time I finished reading all that rambling I forgot what the question was and had to read it again.

Trial version = 30 days full function.

Trial version at 31 days reverts to the HD Decrypter which does not expire.

As requested this reply is in English but not by a Fab employee.
      1)I was just trying to be very very thorough on exactly what I need and the problem.

2)I still don't think you answered the question...the HD Decrypter software (what I downloaded and installed) clearly states that it is going to use a TRIAL version of DVD To DVD. Since DVD To DVD is trialware, I would expect that that functionality would expire 30 days from now...thus leave me wondering what HD Decrypter will actually do for me on day 31.

In my view, DVDFab needs to update the website to more clearly explain just exactly what HD Decrypter is. If it's 100% free and lasts forever and will decode my dvds to my hard drive then it should NEVER pop up warnings to me stating I am using TRIALWARE. Nor should DVDFab post screenshots on the HD Decrypter website showing "The DVD To DVD option is expired. Please buy a new license" (screenshot #3).

-Eric

Comment

The free version will continue to allow you to rip to your hard disk with no compression.

All other modules will expire unless you pay/register.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi...thanks for the reply and glad it is good news.

-Eric

Comment

Yes but you need to read what is posted in this link below if all you are wanting to use is the free version after your 30 day trial is over

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING DVDFab HD Decrypter

Comment

Working...
            X