This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 7.0.7.0 won't load after upgrading from 6.2.1.8

HI, I tried from 6.2.1.8 to 7.0.7.0 both by automatically upgrading and by downloading it from the site. I also tried uninstalling 6.2.1.8 with no avail.

When I try to open the new DVDFab, it just sits there and does nothing. Let me know what logs might be needed.

Thanks!

There is no automatic updating.
    All updates must be manually downloaded and installed.

No need to delete V6 but I do not understand why you can't do so.
    Are you sure the program is closed before trying to delete?

What site are you downloading V7070 from?

Download from here......

Comment

Have a read on how to install it and register it in the "Registration Key Problems?" thread in the Answers to Common Questions section of this forum first.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I guess when I say "Automatic Download" I'm referring to the pop up that asked if I wanted to upgrade. I also tried from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.

I'll check the "Registration Key Problems?" section, but I don't even get that far when I try to open 7.0.7.0.

And, yes. I closed DVDFAB, waited, uninstalled, and even rebooted.

Comment

The key to a successful installation is installing as Administrator!!! That is outlined in that thread.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Uhm, yea. I'm a local admin on my own box. That's how I got everything else to install.

Comment

That is not what that thread says. It says "Run As Administrator".

You will find that there are differences even if you think your account has full admin rights.
              Last edited by GregiBoy; 06-17-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Microsh$ft does not give full administrator rights to users of the OS to help stop the Spyware and other nasties from getting on computer so they say. Which is why when installing programs you install as administrator

Comment

Working...
                X