Burn time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn time

How long does it normally take to burn a blu ray? We are using a asus external blu ray burner. Its brand new. It takes us a day to make one.

Well it depends on the computer you are using as well! if you are using a single core computer it will take a day like you mentioned but if you use a dual core it would be about half day. If you use quad core and also have a cuda enabled card that will cut the time down dramatically. If you post your computer specs I am sure someone here would be able to let you know what process times you should expect for Blu-ray using a USB drive

Comment

3400+ AMD athlon 64 processer in 32 bit windows xp mode

1.5 ddr 32 gig ram

Got those off the front of the computer.

Comment

Please detail the process a bit.
        The presumption is that you're using the Asus for both ripping and burning...correct?

Burning to a BD25? BD50? BD 9?
        Are you compressing the files the same time you're rippiing?
        This will absolutely kill your time, but it's still not gonna be quick
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes we are using it for both burning and ripping. Burning to a BD -25. We dont have an nvidia card. We got an Radeon hd 3400 card.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Are you compressing the files the same time you're rippiing?
            I'm assuming you're doing this...you didn't answer.
            Please don't.

Rip the disc in its entirety to the hdd prior to compressing.
            You don't want to be compressing the files via the ODD (the asus burner).
            This creates a huge bottleneck in terms of the rate of data transfer.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ok. I think I am. A blu ray is 45 gigs big. I set the settings down to where it would only copy a 24 gig part of it. Is that what you are talking about when you say compressing?

Comment

Yes it is.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ok so the time is faster if i rip it to my hd and then put it on the disc?

Can you point me to a link on how to do that?

Comment

You won't need a link.
                    Simply choose a location on your hdd instead of your burner in the Target box.
                    This is the box directly under Source which displays the title of your BD disc.

Click on the folder icon to the right of this Target box and navigate to whatever location on your pc you wish.
                    In this case, somewhere on a hdd

Oops sorry, I forgot about your first question.
                    Yes, much faster.

Comment

Ok, we got dvdfab 8 now. So I need to click on blu ray ripper?

After that what do I do, do I need to click m2ts?

Do I just need to put a check beside the one that is the movie?

After the mt2s file is put on the hard drive, how do I burn it onto the bly ray disc 25 that I have?

Is there a page with instructions somewhere that will tell me how to do all of this?

Thanks for the info and any info given will be greatly welcomed.

Comment

XXX Copy = Disk to Disk Copy
                        XXX Ripper = XXX to Mobile/File

Read the tutorials on each module.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi dewberry
                          You will find tutorials here http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial.htm

Hope this helps
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Link me to them then. I dont know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by dewberry View Post
                              Link me to them then. I dont know where to look.

CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X