This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused newbie seeks enlightenment

Searched for 'free dvd burner'. Found DVDFab HD Decryptor page. Under "licensee" was "free edtion". Under "update expire time" was "Never expire". Saw nothing about paying. Clicked "download".

Asked question about 'merging' in forum. In the replies was: "The free version of HD Decryptor will not merge or compress." Also: "The merge function is part of PAID subscription after the free trail expires..."

Is my ignorance even greater than I had conceived? Am I using something that is not free?

I checked "Properties" on the downloaded .exe file, but, see no info on version. Only "DVDFab7".

Please advise and clear my misconceptions.

Yes you may be.

The FREE Decrypter will only rip to your hard disk without compression, not compress or burn DVD's.

When you initailly download Fab and install for the first time, you get a 30 day free trial of all the modules with no restrictions. Once this trial runs out, you will only be able to use the features of the free version unless you purchase a subscription.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X