This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use De-interlace for ALL DVD backups?

whats the overheads for the de-interlacer?

should we use it always for DVD backups?

You use de-interlacing for interlaced content, otherwise it will slow process down significantly for no reason.

Originally posted by ollie View Post
    whats the overheads for the de-interlacer?

should we use it always for DVD backups?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Googling shows that all SD DVD are interlaced!

Comment

No they are not.

Usually only some TV shows and Music videos.

It depends on how they are authored and when they were produced.

If you get a "strobing" effect, this usuall indicates that you need to turn on de-interlacing.

For example, two titles that come to mind that I have done lately that required deinterlacing were "Mad Max 1" & "Stevie Ray Vaughan Live in Austin Texas" while the rest were OK.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

does the de-interlacer introduce or can it introduce artifacts, otherwise the dual xeon arent even pushed beyond 65%.

Comment

does the de-interlacer introduce or can it introduce artifacts, otherwise the dual xeon arent even pushed beyond 65%.
            You are correct, it cause artifacts and, most often lag. And please stop mention your dual xeon we all got it, we all impressed and all that... There are much more involved than just a processor(s). In fact, low load level just shows that your "bottleneck" is somewhere else. You are free to figure that out.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

what? i cannot say 1500rpm scsi drives?

what bottlenecks?

Comment

what? i cannot say 1500rpm scsi drives?

what bottlenecks?
                I don't know what bottlenecks. You have server configuration with powerful processing unit, so processing and storage access most likely out of question, I don't know what else is in your machine - memory maybe, controllers... Is your card involved???
                BTW, if I would have this machine, I would throw one of those Teslas in to see what would happened.
                sigpic

Comment

its an older xeon server, so not the supadupa machine you make it out to be.....video card is 8mb radeon 7000 or something...

most likely it set for background tasks, rather than programs...still i would like to hit 100fps lol

Comment

btw, what tools can i use to detect interlaced video?

Comment

btw, what tools can i use to detect interlaced video?
                      MediaInfo (google it, it's free). BDInfo can be handy sometimes too. Or just play on your LCD monitor and you will see it right away.
                      sigpic

Comment

hey i got mediainfo, but it reports dvd vob's with progressive and interlaced video.

i looked at the larger vob's since these most likely contain the feature:

vts_01_1 always seem to have interlaced video whilst the others are interlaced or progressive....

what do i do when the start of the video is listed as interlaced whilst the rest are progressive

Comment

Treat it as progressive and do not check "Deinterlace" option.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X