X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New user, streaming question

Hello to all.

This is my first post so be gentle with me!

After a lot of searching the Internet, I opted to try DVD Fab and what a great package it is.
    I wanted to RIP my DVD collection to use with my Tvix M6600N. it does this with absolute ease, straight from DVD wirelessly to the Tvix.
    but.... at playback I appear to have a problem with the sound. it is intermittent, but if I "rewind" the DVD on the Tvix, it plays perfect.
    Before I commit to my donation I want to overcome this problem
    currently I am ripping from DVD to DVD but have also tried Generic, which appears to be OK except the picture format which is smaller

any help grateful
    apart from that a fabulous bit of software

best regards

Stevemitch

In my humble opinion, and I think you’ll find most around here agree, streaming video should be all wired all the time. I would stream via a wired connection before reaching any conclusion about any software.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      In my humble opinion, and I think you’ll find most around here agree, streaming video should be all wired all the time. I would stream via a wired connection before reaching any conclusion about any software.
      A big thumbs from me on this one.

I know GregiBoy concurs.
      Maybe we can entice him to offer his opinion. He's very shy though.
      I've enrolled him in an assertiveness training session...

I believe IPopov, our other resident expert in this area would agree also.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Yes, I am usually very shy when I am sleeping!! It is now only 5am in Oz.

I wholeheartedly concur with my colleagues. After 8 years of experience doing this, streaming ANY video via wireless is a distinct no-no.

If you do not want to hardwire the house, an good intermediate solution are products such as the Netgear Powerline adaptors which provide ethernet over power.

The format to stream is most definitly a reduced bitrate file such as AVI or MKV and the screen size should be the same as the original DVD if you have the parameters set correctly.

Check out the 'New Profiles" thread and download and encode using the E6SD profile that I have uploaded there. I always use that as a baseline test of streaming equipment.
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-19-2010, 07:20 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have just checked the specs of the Tvix and it looks like it will play MKV format so I would use the generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy profile for testing at around 1400 bitrate or alternately, download and use the E8HD profile that I have posted in the "New Profiles" thread.

This is my current format of choice.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

thanks to all. I am sure I will have more to report once my testing has been done

thanks again
            PS where do I pay?

Steve Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by stevemitch View Post

thanks again
              PS where do I pay?

Steve Mitch
              Pay for what

Comment

You can purchase subscriptions for DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile at www.dvdfab.com.

You will need both modules if you are going to use the Mobile function.

All of us old hands swear by the "Lifetime" subscription as being the best value for money. For example, I have been using Fab for over 6 years without having to pay another cent.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  a good intermediate solution are products such as the Netgear Powerline adaptors which provide ethernet over power.
                  what a great little piece of technology!!!

thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Yes the powerline adaptors are great as I use them as well and they work just like you are using wired connection

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                      Yes the powerline adaptors are great as I use them as well and they work just like you are using wired connection
                      i'm still trying to wrap my mind around this.

wow!

Comment

Hey, they work!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X