X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Rules

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Can I ask a stupid question? Why do other forums allow not yet released DVDs to be discussed and worked on in advance without breaking the Copyright Law or are they? It seems they get a jump start on any new protection or problems. Is this legal or not? If a person was a member of this forum are they also breaking the law?

So long as they OWN the titles, it would be very hard to prove that they are breaking the law.

Some people do have access to early releases, even on this forum.

we just will not tolerate or condone copying of media that you do not own but cannot speak for other forums.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Some people do have access to early releases, even on this forum.

May I ask how a person can purchase DVDs prior to there release? The only people I can think of is owners or employees of DVD Rental stores. I have seen them unpack new DVDs but they not available to the general public. If I am right would that be making an illegal copy? Or because they own the store they are within their rights?

Comment

I have no idea, and there is really no point to this discussion.

Either it is legal or illegal and is no business of this forum. Refer it to the MPA if you wish a legalistic evaluation. Good luck...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry I bothered you, I was just curious.

Comment

you can get a release from another region.

i have a pulp fiction blu ray thats not released in usa yet. but it is Scandinavian release.

not sure if thats what your talking about.

Comment

If possible please delete my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizbrian View Post
                you can get a release from another region.

i have a pulp fiction blu ray thats not released in usa yet. but it is Scandinavian release.

not sure if thats what your talking about.
                That was exactly what I was asking. Thank you. One question would not be PAL?
                Last edited by tmckin1211; 07-27-2010, 12:43 AM.

Comment

If a DVD or Blu-ray was sold for rental then that is all it was meant for and video store owners/employees could be breaking the law depending on what it is where they live. I myself get DVD and Blu-rays anywere from 1 week to 6 weeks before release day depending on how popular it is. I have had Repo Men and Clash of the Titans for almost 2 weeks now and DVDFab has no issues with those.

As for getting them early if you can find a warehouse close to where you live that sells them like I have then you can get them when they add to inventory also to add I am in region 1 Canada and my DVD are Region 1 and my Blu-rays are Region A
                  Last edited by AGJ; 07-27-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmckin1211 View Post
                    That was exactly what I was asking. Thank you. One question would not be PAL?
                    this particular scan release works on region A and is in english. just turn off subtitles :-)

Comment

If I send one of my brothers to Canada, is there something he should look on packaging? I quess what I am saying should say Region A?

Comment

Originally posted by tmckin1211 View Post
                        If I send one of my brothers to Canada, is there something he should look on packaging? I quess what I am saying should say Region A?
                        This is a very confusing thread and you are playing leap frog with topics.
                        I guess now you're asking about sending a BD dvd which was purchased in the US to your brother in Canada.
                        This is based on your current locale in Louisiana so I presume the disc was manufactured and sold in the US?

I'm also guessing that your not sending your brother to Canada which actually is what you asked?

Your brother should be all set.
                        Last time I checked the US and Canada were still in the western hemisphere and still region A.

This thread has run its course
                        Last edited by maineman; 07-30-2010, 05:53 AM.
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                        X