This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS error

Righto, first of all, I apolgise if this is listed elsewhere, but I have done a quick search and cannot see anything. Just upgraded from V5 to V7 and am getting a consistent error message - DVD contains CSS - therefore cannot copy disk.
    I am trying to copy my DVDs on to my home network so that I can view them via my xbox 360.
    Any ideas as how to get around this would be appreciated
    Thanks

It appears you have downloaded the non-css version.
    Download from this link to get the correct css version.

Comment

And do yourself a favour. Get a decent media player insted of the XBox. Should cost you less than $100.

The Xbox is less than ordinary as a media player. and you will end up with inherent problemse
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        It appears you have downloaded the non-css version.
        Download from this link to get the correct css version.

Its all so easy when you know how!
        Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          And do yourself a favour. Get a decent media player insted of the XBox. Should cost you less than $100.

The Xbox is less than ordinary as a media player. and you will end up with inherent problemse
          Yup, can't get the thing working properly yet. Is there one that you recommend?

Comment

you need to make sure Media Center is allowed to see the folders you have the files saved in otherwise you not able to access them on Xbox 360

Comment

Originally posted by conanos View Post
              Yup, can't get the thing working properly yet. Is there one that you recommend?
              For the price, I'd recommend the Argosy HV335T. I bought mine a few months ago at Amazon.com for about $89 and never looked back.
              A little gem of a player and very versatile...will play just about any file type thrown at it, including .mkv and .iso.

The only drawbacks so far...
              When scrolling through a playlist of mobile conversions on a 1 TB or larger hdd, it gets old.
              I have one hdd with several hundred movies and the potential is there for almost 1000.
              It seems to me they could have had a faster scrolling feature, page up, page down, etc.
              The last firmware update...a beta... helped to speed up the scrolling a bit.

The only other problem I've had so far and this isn't the fault of the player...
              I'm not able to play the TRUE-HD audio stream on BD .ISO files. Other audio streams don't present this problem.
              I just have to spend some time and try to manipulate the audio stream, maybe I can extract the DTS core from the TRUE-HD stream...
              and maybe that will work. I'm just not sure what will work at this point.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                When scrolling through a playlist of mobile conversions on a 1 TB or larger hdd, it gets old.
                I have one hdd with several hundred movies and the potential is there for almost 1000.
                It seems to me they could have had a faster scrolling feature, page up, page down, etc.
                The last firmware update...a beta... helped to speed up the scrolling a bit.
                I always recommend a structured library instead of dumping all the files in the root directory.

Don't forget that most of these players run a small version of Linux and memory is restricted sometimes to as low as only 64k so to read in long directory lists really taxes them.

I use a top level structure according to the movie genre, eg action, Science Fiction, etc and then below that, multiple titles in an other subfolder eg Alien, Predator, Die Hard, Rambo, etc.

This eases the load on the players and is quite intuitive when using it. Even my girlfriend can do it. An old fart like maineman should not have any problem !!!

Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  For the price, I'd recommend the Argosy HV335T. I bought mine a few months ago at Amazon.com for about $89 and never looked back.
                  A little gem of a player and very versatile...will play just about any file type thrown at it, including .mkv and .iso.
                  Ordered £44 - thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X