This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update or not?

PLEASE excuse my asking, just I genuinely want advice.

The latest beta release 7-5-0-6 would appear to be, just going by the number, a big improvement to the latest official release 7-0-9-3, however I use ONLY DVD to DVD and there are no improvements listed for DVD to DVD. Is it worth installing this beta, or wait for the next official release, IF one only does DVD to DVD?

THANK YOU................

David, I would wait as you only do DVD to DVD.

But If I were you, I would be seriously looking at a media player as the way to go, just so more convenient and no burning or wrecked DVD's.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

David,
      New beta is not an improvement, but fundamentally new program. You are correct, it wouldn't really affect DVD to DVD unless compression is involved... Anyway, you will be OK with official release, and you can update DVDFab with new official, when it become available.

Originally posted by davidh View Post
      PLEASE excuse my asking, just I genuinely want advice.

The latest beta release 7-5-0-6 would appear to be, just going by the number, a big improvement to the latest official release 7-0-9-3, however I use ONLY DVD to DVD and there are no improvements listed for DVD to DVD. Is it worth installing this beta, or wait for the next official release, IF one only does DVD to DVD?

THANK YOU................
      Oops GregiBoy, didn't see you and didn't mean to step in front of you...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        David, I would wait as you only do DVD to DVD.

But If I were you, I would be seriously looking at a media player as the way to go, just so more convenient and no burning or wrecked DVD's.
        Thank you (both) for your advice, that is what I thought.

Now I have another question though what do you mean by ''looking at a media player''?

You said NO burning, but you do not mean saving them to my computer hard drive, so what exactly do you mean PLEASE???

Comment

What GregiBoy meant was that really wise (and least expensive) way to back-up your videos is to rip the movie, re-pack to MKV container (by far the best one) and write it on external HDD. You can play it using mediaplayer.
          GregiBoy is an expert in every aspect of this and if you nice to him and he's in good mood, you can get a very good advise...
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            What GregiBoy meant was that really wise (and least expensive) way to back-up your videos is to rip the movie, re-pack to MKV container (by far the best one) and write it on external HDD. You can play it using mediaplayer.
            GregiBoy is an expert in every aspect of this and if you nice to him and he's in good mood, you can get a very good advise...
            Okay, thank you............

I don't really understand all that, I will just keep doing it the old fashioned way for now anyway.

Thanks...

Comment

A media playe is a box that connects your hard disk and TV and plays the files on your hard disk on the tv just like a dvd player but you can have thousands of movies on the hard disk and they are relatively cheap.

I wholesale the basic units here in Australia for less than a hundred bux.

No more burning problems, scratched DVD's, grandkids fingerprints etc.

For example last weekend, I kept my grandson amused with the 50+ Disney movies that I have.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                A media playe is a box that connects your hard disk and TV and plays the files on your hard disk on the tv just like a dvd player but you can have thousands of movies on the hard disk and they are relatively cheap.

I wholesale the basic units here in Australia for less than a hundred bux.

No more burning problems, scratched DVD's, grandkids fingerprints etc.

For example last weekend, I kept my grandson amused with the 50+ Disney movies that I have.
                Okay, thank you..................

Comment

Working...
                X