This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Dumb Question

A dumb question , I know, but am going to ask it anyway.

Is it better to just stick with the offical updates or with the beta updates? If I remember correctly the Beta programs are released in an attempt to find any errors and glitches.

I have always stayed with the offical releases and stayed away from the Beta's, but now, all of you have me wondering if I am doing the right thing. I get the idea that you all feel that a person should download the newest update no matter what. Right or Wrong?

Hope no one takes offense with this question and statement...

Running the betas help the developers make the program better. Only official releases are supported, if you stay with an old release there is not much support.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I tend to update whenever a new beta is available.
      In the event a particular beta has major glitches (and I don't think this happens frequently at all), I simply revert to the last stable version.

Keep the old installers...at least a few so that you can revert if you wish.
      They don't take up any significant space and it's a very easy thing to do.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by oldpacman View Post
        A dumb question , I know, but am going to ask it anyway.

Is it better to just stick with the offical updates or with the beta updates? If I remember correctly the Beta programs are released in an attempt to find any errors and glitches.

I have always stayed with the offical releases and stayed away from the Beta's, but now, all of you have me wondering if I am doing the right thing. I get the idea that you all feel that a person should download the newest update no matter what. Right or Wrong?

Hope no one takes offense with this question and statement...
        Perfectly sensible question, I wondered this myself for a long time, now I do exactly as maineman has advised you.

Comment

If the Beta has a fix for a issue you are having then you can update to that Beta. Just read the change logs in the Beta release thread to know what has been fixed or added to see if that what you want to try. Like what was mentioned already keep a few downloads from older releases just in case you need to revert back because of a issue with the Beta

Comment

Working...
          X