This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7.

Apologies in advance IF this is posted somewhere already, I couldn't see it, and I am only new here, so be gentle.

Windows 7 was launced here Downunder yesterday and I was just curious if anyone has experience with it, or was it only released everywhere yesterday?

Just I bought a new computer only a few months ago, it is running Windows Vista and I have it all set up as I want it finally and very happy with it, is it worth upgrading to Window 7 or not???

Yes windows 7 is by far superior to Vista without the headaches. I have been running Windows 7 for a few weeks now and have not had any problems with it or DVDFab and other programs I have

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Yes windows 7 is by far superior to Vista without the headaches. I have been running Windows 7 for a few weeks now and have not had any problems with it or DVDFab and other programs I have
      Thank you, that is why I am asking here though, I haven't had any troubles (that I know of) with Vista, so IF one is happy with Vista is it worth upgrading?

Also I read somewhere else that there can be problems with the actual physical upgrade process?

Comment

I was happy with Vista but with everyone saying how much better windows 7 is compared to XP and Vista I wanted it. Also I did not do the upgrade I did a complete new install. If you happy with Vista and have no problems with your peripherals and software then I would stay with it until you want something better. Remember windows 8 will be out in a year or 2 and just could be better that windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          I was happy with Vista but with everyone saying how much better windows 7 is compared to XP and Vista I wanted it. Also I did not do the upgrade I did a complete new install. If you happy with Vista and have no problems with your peripherals and software then I would stay with it until you want something better. Remember windows 8 will be out in a year or 2 and just could be better that windows 7
          Again, thank you, that was my concern that I have heard there can be problems with the upgrade, and I definitely do NOT want to do a complete new instal, even if they gave me Windows 7 for free, as it took me some time and effort to get everything as I want it on this new computer.

Comment

The old saying David !!!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Exactly what I will do for now.

Comment

You can always Dual Boot with Vista and Win 7

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                  You can always Dual Boot with Vista and Win 7
                  I must admit I hadn't even thought of that.

Even if it is technically possible, I think I would rather have one or the other, and as GregiBoy said............

Thank you though for your input.
                  Last edited by maineman; 10-24-2009, 12:46 AM. Reason: misspelled name

Comment

or use a virtual machine to try it out

Honestly there is no reason not to upgrade to Win 7. It is Vista just modified to what it should have been. It uses a lot less resources and has some cool new features. I am on Win 7 Pro x64 after using Vista and I love it. By the time I tried Vista SP2 was already out, so I had no problems with it either.

Comment

First of all, humble apologies to GregiBoy for mis spelling your name in the above post and it will not let me edit the post.

As I said before, appreciate all the replies, but I think I will stay with Vista for now, cannot see the sense in outlaying around $A150 for something I don't need, even IF it was free, as GregiBoy said, if it ain't broke.

//Edit
                      The misspelled name has been corrected...
                      Last edited by maineman; 10-24-2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                        First of all, humble apologies to GregiBoy for mis spelling your name in the above post and it will not let me edit the post.

As I said before, appreciate all the replies, but I think I will stay with Vista for now, cannot see the sense in outlaying around $A150 for something I don't need, even IF it was free, as GregiBoy said, if it ain't broke.

//Edit
                        The misspelled name has been corrected...
                        Thank you, but why couldn't I do the edit???

I am very new here, but have been on other forums for years, cannot see what is wrong?

In your posting rules it says that I may edit my own posts, but there is no edit button (as there usually is) in my posts???

Comment

Now that previous post HAS got an edit button???

Is it only there for a certain amount of time???

Comment

I have been told............

Apparently you only get 45 minutes to edit your errors.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Except I'm an engineer, and in my world the saying is, "If it isn't broke, fix it!"

I upgraded to Windows 7 awhile ago. Aside from some minor headaches getting my graphics driver working, it was a simple install! It is freakin' awsome! I LOOOOVVEE Aero! Makes everything so much simpler!

Comment

Working...
                              X