This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General skipping in many of my burns

I'm new to DVD burning and have had problems with probably 50% of the disks. They skip/pause so frequently as to be unwatchable. I'm burning @ 100% which mostly means a DL disk and I'm using Memorex DL's.

I'm burning to the same drive to eliminate that as a source of the problem. It seem to burn at the top speed of the drive (8x). I'd like to lower that to eliminate THAT as a source of the problem but can't find a 'settings tab'

Thanks,
    Larry

Originally posted by DownTownLB View Post
    I'm new to DVD burning and have had problems with probably 50% of the disks. They skip/pause so frequently as to be unwatchable. I'm burning @ 100% which mostly means a DL disk and I'm using Memorex DL's.

I'm burning to the same drive to eliminate that as a source of the problem. It seem to burn at the top speed of the drive (8x). I'd like to lower that to eliminate THAT as a source of the problem but can't find a 'settings tab'

Thanks,
    Larry
    The "settings tab" is in your Burning program. To make story short, go here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
    and set your Fab to work with ImgBurn as a burning engine.
    PS. with your crappy media never exceed 4x speed or less.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

those DL memorex should probably be burned at 2.4x speeed since they not good blank media. Also it not advised to use laptop internal DVD drive to burn your DVDs as it creates a lot of heat that can damage laptop or cause bad burned DVDs. DO what IPopov50 mentioned and try ImgBurn as that just might work for you but remember about the burn speed

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        those DL memorex should probably be burned at 2.4x speeed since they not good blank media. Also it not advised to use laptop internal DVD drive to burn your DVDs as it creates a lot of heat that can damage laptop or cause bad burned DVDs. DO what IPopov50 mentioned and try ImgBurn as that just might work for you but remember about the burn speed
        what brands of blank media do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          The "settings tab" is in your Burning program. To make story short, go here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12
          and set your Fab to work with ImgBurn as a burning engine.
          PS. with your crappy media never exceed 4x speed or less.
          what brands of media do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by foxfirebob View Post
            what brands of media do you recommend?
            Verbs baby, Verbs. Sam's Club offers a great deal on 50 pack of Verbatim DL MIS (Made in Singapore). Best deal so far, around $30 per pack.
            Search for "blank media" on this forum and you will find a lot of information.
            Last edited by IPopov50; 08-26-2010, 06:12 PM.
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X