This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking of buying DVDFAB ripper + Copy

Hi, I am new.... just learnt to use DVDFAB last week.

Can I know if it is possible to use the RIPPER only and used the PassKey to ripped. Or must it be used with DVD copy + ripper.

I was thinking of buying DVDFAB ripper + Copy....but due to budget constraints, I will get the ripper first before other products.

Also, should I use passkey with video convertor....does it help?

Sorry, I am asking you this. Hope that I post on the correct place in this forum.

Fatman

Originally posted by FatMan View Post
    Hi, I am new.... just learnt to use DVDFAB last week.

Can I know if it is possible to use the RIPPER only and used the PassKey to ripped. Or must it be used with DVD copy + ripper.

I was thinking of buying DVDFAB ripper + Copy....but due to budget constraints, I will get the ripper first before other products.

Also, should I use passkey with video convertor....does it help?

Sorry, I am asking you this. Hope that I post on the correct place in this forum.

Fatman
    Tell us what you want to be able to do exactly and we can tell you what you need for that. For now I can tell you that if you want to convert to mobile device all you need is DVDFab DVD Ripper. If you want to make a DVD back up you will need DVDFab DVD Copy. At the moment Passkey is free as it free during Beta stages so you can use Passkey along with say DVDShrink to get a DVD back up.

Need to know your intentions of DVDFab before can tell you more

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Tell us what you want to be able to do exactly and we can tell you what you need for that. For now I can tell you that if you want to convert to mobile device all you need is DVDFab DVD Ripper. If you want to make a DVD back up you will need DVDFab DVD Copy. At the moment Passkey is free as it free during Beta stages so you can use Passkey along with say DVDShrink to get a DVD back up.

Need to know your intentions of DVDFab before can tell you more
      Thank you for your reply

I have quite a few DVDs that I wished to ripped it to avi or Mpeg4.....correct me if I am wrong. User need DVD copy to remove protections and ripper to assist in converting to avi.

So, if that is correct, then I do not need to buy DVD copy (yet) and use passkey to assist in removing the DVD so I can use DVD ripper to rip it to avi.

I am correct in those sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FatMan View Post
        Thank you for your reply

I have quite a few DVDs that I wished to ripped it to avi or Mpeg4.....correct me if I am wrong. User need DVD copy to remove protections and ripper to assist in converting to avi.

So, if that is correct, then I do not need to buy DVD copy (yet) and use passkey to assist in removing the DVD so I can use DVD ripper to rip it to avi.

I am correct in those sense.
        no you not correct as DVDFab changed how the program works. Now all you need to buy is the DVDFab DVD Ripper to be able to decrypt DVD to convert to avi or other choice. No need to use DVDFab Passkey or anything else as DVDFab DVD Ripper decrypts the DVD on the fly while it converts to the mobile format of your choice

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          no you not correct as DVDFab changed how the program works. Now all you need to buy is the DVDFab DVD Ripper to be able to decrypt DVD to convert to avi or other choice. No need to use DVDFab Passkey or anything else as DVDFab DVD Ripper decrypts the DVD on the fly while it converts to the mobile format of your choice
          Oh!.....

For the past couple of days I've been using DVD RIPPER and Passkey together to rip. They seems to be working fine.

Strange that I did not try using a STAND-ALONE DVD RIPPER without passkey. But since I have passkey installed and everytime I put a DVD....passkey runs, so I assumed that DVD RIPPER required passkey or DVD copy to run.... Silly me!!!!

Comment

Well this was only changed a day or so ago when DVDFab version 8 was released as before you needed to have the DVDFab DVD Copy in order to use the DVDFab DVD Ripper. Now you not need the DVD Copy just the Ripper to convert to mobile file.

Comment

Working...
            X