X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to rip blu-ray movies for playback on Playstation 3

Hello,

I am looking for the best way to rip Blu-ray movies for full HD playback (sound and video) on the Playstation 3 (PS3). When I use Blu-ray Ripper, I get a perfect video that plays back beautifully on my PS3; howerver, I get no sound. I have tried "remove HD audio"; howerver, this does not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to rip Blu-rays without transcoding for playback on the PS3?

Thanks!

tim

Movie files are stored on my Windows Home Server

Hi, I should note that my PS3 is connected to my home network to my Windows Home Server. So, playback is coming from the files stored on my Windows Home Server.

On the PS3, I navigate to the Steam folder for the movie and select the .m2ts file to play.

The files are stored on the server as (example for Fifth Element):

\\servername\Videos-Blu-ray\Fifth Element\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts

(By the way, this movie ripped and plays fine with audio. But, lately no new ones have audio.)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comment

I assume you are using the MKV remux option. Others have reported success using a free program called PopCorn MKV AudioConverter (google it). This should knock down the DTS audio present after you "remove HD audio" to AC3 5.1. The PS3 will not play DTS from a file (only from disc). It is an artificial limitation that Sony put in.

The PS3 has a similar limitation on video. You would need to use MKV H264 option if your source content is VC-1 encoded (DVDFab shows you this when you select the track).

Comment

Originally posted by TimT View Post
        On the PS3, I navigate to the Steam folder for the movie and select the .m2ts file to play.

The files are stored on the server as (example for Fifth Element):

\\servername\Videos-Blu-ray\Fifth Element\BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts
        This will not work for many movies with copy protection and/or theatrical vs. director's cut on the disc. The movie would be split in multiple files.

I guess I should have said M2TS output instead of MKV above. I can't remember whether the PS3 has been updated to play MKV or not.

Comment

thanks

Thanks ... I will give this a try.

Comment

Working...
          X