This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-set DMA

I've been using dvdfab and Img.burn together for a while, everything working fine, then with about the last 4 versions of 7x, during backup everything went okay! Then when Img.burn took over it would give two warning signs saying I/O device and volume lock, access denied, but Img.burn would go ahead and copy movie! Movie back-up still played and quailty, very good! So I went to dvdfab options and re-set DMA and the problem went away, but I had to re-set DMA every time I opened dvdfab! It would ask me to restart PC everytime, which I did!, but when I updated to 8.0.0.5 all of this has stopped! Would like to know what was going on, and if I could learn anything for the future?, and do you need DMA set in Fab if Img.burn still works anyway! Read alot of threads and really didn't get a real understanding of what was happening! Sorry not that smart!

since you have ImgBurn installed open it up and go to Tools-Filter Drive Load Order and then select copy to clipboard. Once that done then do a post reply to this thread and right click your mouse and select paste to paste the results here. From what you described it sounds like you have a filter installed that is conflicting with DVDFab and your DVD drive

Comment

re-set DMA

===============================================
      Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.1.0
      ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
      Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
      Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
      Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
      Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
      File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
      File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
      File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
      Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
      Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
      Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: imapi
      File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
      File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
      File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
      Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
      Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
      Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

WOW, I never new how to do this! I hope this is what you meant!

Comment

Download and install malwarebytes just to make sure you not have malware/virus infection/ MBAM has free version which is good enough for the scan needed as it will find stuff that your protection you have installed already does not find. The filters seem fine but just want to make sure you not have malware/virus problem as they have a tendency to imitate redbook as it a Microsoft filter.

Also do you have ZUNE software installed on computer or any other software that burns CDs/DVDs as they may be keeping a lock on your DVD drive.

Also can you go to document-dvdfab-log and post your most recent burn logs so can take look at them as well.

Comment

re-set DMA

AGJ, I have malwarebytes already, so ran scan, no malious malware found! Also ran scan, anti-virus(avast), everything alright! Don't have any Zune software! Only have old dvd shrink 3.2! Got rid of Nero, and convert-xtodvd software, put on by the guy that put my windows back on (re-install)! I can find dvdfab logs and read, but don't know how to post them! Tryed, but didn't work out! Right now with 8.0.0.5, everything is working fine, don't have to re-set anything! Would like to know how to post logs from dvdfab though! Did have some problems that I caused my self and had to do a restore point to get everything working again, just before downloading 8.0.0.5, could this have cured my problems?(how to post logs from dvdfab) Thanks for all the help!

Comment

go to documents-dvdfab-logs and copy and paste to your next post reply to this thread your most recent logs. But if all is good now everything should be fine but I'm wondering what caused the problem to start with. Not sure if logs will say but doesn't hurt to have someone look at them to see

Comment

re-set DMA

Thanks AGJ, couldn't get logs to work on copy and paste! Really don't know how, but this was an experience!

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                Thanks AGJ, couldn't get logs to work on copy and paste! Really don't know how, but this was an experience!
                Just highlight what you want to copy and then paste them to a post reply. Anyway it all working for you now so that good

Comment

DMA

AGJ, Thanks very much, all logs look good! Kepted playing with it and figured out how to copy and paste, High-lighting was the key! That has really helped me on not just dvdfab, but every day applications!

Comment

Working...
                  X