This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading DVDFab whipes out existing DVDFab folders

I noticed that when installing an upgrade of DVDFab, it deletes the old folder My Docs\DVDFAB\ (potentially) erasing all existing movie files (especially files for mobile devices like my Ipad). I assume that you have to always move your output files to another folder in order to avoid potentially loosing your existing files. There is no warning for this.

Just set the target to C:\iPad or someplace you can browse to and find easily with iTunes and that won't happen.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I learned my lesson but others should be warned

That is what I am doning now but first it happened I was not happy. And to clarify: when you upgrade DVDFab it deletes the old \dvdfab\ folder as well and generates a new / empty one. Somebody from the company denied that.

Comment

If I understand you correctly it doesn't happen to me. I just checked my logs and I still have them from way back.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          If I understand you correctly it doesn't happen to me. I just checked my logs and I still have them from way back.
          Same here. No lost logs from any version.

Comment

Originally posted by DrPSA View Post
            That is what I am doning now but first it happened I was not happy. And to clarify: when you upgrade DVDFab it deletes the old \dvdfab\ folder as well and generates a new / empty one. Somebody from the company denied that.
            The DVDFab folder located in documents never gets deleted when upgrading or uninstalling DVDFab using the uninstaller for DVDFab. Are you sure you have Do not Delete temp files checked in common settingds of DVDFab. If you do not have that selected then temp files will get deleted as that DVDFab folder is for temp files

Comment

Working...
            X