Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Dvd player

Hello everybody,
    How can I find out if my dvd player can play PAL and/or NTSC format?
    I tried to check under properties, etc., but couldnt find anything.

Hi dg,

Not sure what you mean "check under properties"?
    Are you talking standalone player or ODD in your pc?

What's the make & model?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

It's an external DVD-R-DL player, HP, lightscribe. I checked the device's properties (such as what type it is, its functions, etc.) but nothing.

Comment

You're all set.
        The HP " external DVD-R-DL player " can handle both NTSC and PAL

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I should have mentioned...
          Keep in mind that you can't keep re-setting the region on the HP.
          After 5 region changes, you will run into what is referred to as "region lock".
          At this point, you will not be able to change regions again.

For eg., let's say after 5 changes you're playing an R2 disc, then you want to play a R1 disc...you're skunked. You're locked in R2

To get around this you'll have to use modified firmware (if available) to make the HP region-free.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

You're welcome dg.
              Glad to help...

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                I should have mentioned...
                Keep in mind that you can't keep re-setting the region on the HP.
                After 5 region changes, you will run into what is referred to as "region lock".
                At this point, you will not be able to change regions again.

For eg., let's say after 5 changes you're playing an R2 disc, then you want to play a R1 disc...you're skunked. You're locked in R2

To get around this you'll have to use modified firmware (if available) to make the HP region-free.
                Or use DVDFab Passkey if firmware not available http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7839

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  Or use DVDFab Passkey if firmware not available http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7839
                  Good point AGJ !!!...somehow I forgot to mention Passkey...

Comment

Working...
                  X