This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still can't open DVDFAB 6.0

I have followed all instructions here about trying to open dvdfab 6 with no luck,
    I have installed 5 then 6, (5 runs fine) and then remove them with revo. Still no luck , what makes 5 different from 6. I have installed 6 about 20 times , I even reinstalled service pack 4 (windows 2000) Does anyone have an explanation

Still won't work

I have installed 6.1.2 and still cannot run version 6. This came from support. I am assuming this is problem with the license key file , which is hidden and I need to remove it. Does anybody know the name of the file. I used to be able to run 6 but no matter what I do I can't now . I can only run 5.

Comment

Do you still have the email that was sent to you with the key. Should have an attachment with the key as text an attached there should be a file called "Key.DVDFab6"

Try reinstalling it ~~
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Key

I have the email, but then I am asked what program do you want to use to open it with. I will try it again this afternoon.

Comment

When you get that message browse to program files DVDFab 6 and select DVDFab application as the program to open with the key. That should fix you right up

Comment

First, exactly what happens when you try to start DVDFab 6 ?

You don't want to open the attachment, just DL it to your HD for safe keeping along with the text string version.
            Highlight the key text string, then Ctrl+C (copy)
            Select the ? mark in the top right of DVDFab if it opens
            Select "Enter Registration Key" button
            Do a Ctrl+V (paste) in the box
            Click Registration

..... or .....

Open DVDFab and double click on the file "Key.DVDFab6"

I don't think the actual key sits on the drive once installed, if anything it would be in the registry.

Best I have for ya, never had this issue before. I read in another post someone else is having a similar problem.

EDIT: AGJ beat me to it (I was still typing, actually pecking at the keys) ...... and has a 3rd suggestion, good one AGJ ... .... I thing you can just Double-Crick the "Key.DVDFab6" file and it will find DVDFab6

FYI: Wish the forum had the ability to dissplay if other members are writing a reply/post and display there name !!!
            Last edited by AlienX69; 10-28-2009, 07:49 PM.
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Can't paste ver 6 key

I can't paste in the key because the program never fires up. When I click on th e icon, nothing happens version 6 never starts. I will associate the program with the key and I will see what happens then.

Comment

your the man

your the man I forgot to reset my setting so thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                X