This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Conflict DVDFab & Magic Jack

I have one of those Magic Jack USB VOIP phone systems and am currently running DVDFab 6.1.1.8 Beta. Every time I run the DVDFAB program it makes the Magic Jack Software have to reboot and it does this continually. To stop it I just unplug the thing and plug it back in when I'm done copying my movies.

The Magic Jack software & Hardware uses a CD Emulation from TigerJet on the USB Device and I think that may be causing a conflict when DVDfab does it's inventory of CD/DVD Drives.

Is anyone else noticing this problem?

I run Vista 64 Home Premium but will be updateing to Win 7 in about a week.

System Specs
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
    Memory Type DDR2 8192 MBytes
    Microsoft Windows Vista (6.0) Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
    Nvidia 9800GTX
    Memory (RAM): 8184 MB
    CPU Info: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
    CPU Speed: 3204.6 MHz
    Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    CD / DVD Drives: F: HL-DT-STBD-RE WH08LS20
    Hard Disks: C: 2 TB | D: 1.5 TB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 870A-UD3

Here's a thread might help. http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=737

Comment

Thanks Wild and Blue, I do know that by unplugging the Magic Jack is a work around solution. Could maybe the drive scan be fixed so that it ignores the TigerJet cd emulator that MagicJack hardware uses?

As shown in the other thread it's a known issue but maybe it can be addressed. I'm not sure what part of DVDFAB causes the conflict and having to unplug the device is just a bit of a pain but with the millions of folks out there using it I guess it's not such a problem because not many users here have both DVDFAB & MagicJack yet but I'm sure it will continue to become a bigger problem as more folks take advantage of the cheap phone calling system that is Magic Jack.

Maybe Ting could take a look at the problem and see if there is a viable way to make these to programs plat well together.
      Memory (RAM): 8184 MB
      CPU Info: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
      CPU Speed: 3204.6 MHz
      Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
      CD / DVD Drives: F: HL-DT-STBD-RE WH08LS20
      Hard Disks: C: 2 TB | D: 1.5 TB
      Motherboard: Gigabyte 870A-UD3

Comment

They play just fine together as I have the majicjack and DVDfab on the same computer and have not had one single problem yet with them but then I have never had a problem with DVDFab so I am one of the lucky ones.

Comment

If you didnt know this the work around is to buy a thin client hook your Magic jack to it then hook it to your net work your done, and never worry about it again

you can buy used ones on ebay all day long , I suggest one with the 1.6 atom 512 mem and 512 flash no moving parts. they run about 50 to 100

Comment

Working...
          X