Installation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation problem

Reinstalling ver 7.0 in PC with vista. Reentered id key but then it was not recognized under normal conditions. When UAC is disabled program shows license and expiration date. When opened in safe mode program works properly but in normal mode, program shows it is original trial version only. Any ideas to correct as disableing UAC is unsafe.

Hi breslaw
    Please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=545
    Hope it helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Did not work

I think the passkey is hidden somewhere in the registry. The same problem keeps happening. When I log on in SAFE MODE, licence shows up. When I log in and disable UAC, licence shows up. When I am in regular operating mode with UAC enabled, program shows as trial. In each event I have reregistered the key. Even when I delete entire program and then reinstall, licence shows up in first 2 modes without entering anythng. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by breslaw View Post
        I think the passkey is hidden somewhere in the registry. The same problem keeps happening. When I log on in SAFE MODE, licence shows up. When I log in and disable UAC, licence shows up. When I am in regular operating mode with UAC enabled, program shows as trial. In each event I have reregistered the key. Even when I delete entire program and then reinstall, licence shows up in first 2 modes without entering anythng. Please help.
        Are you running Vista or Windows 7 ?

Comment

@StormJumper
          He said Vista in 1st post.

breslaw
          Are you installing the installer as administrator???
          If not try this I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Reinstalling ver 7.0 in PC with vista. Reentered id key but then it was not recognized under normal conditions. When UAC is disabled program shows license and expiration date. When opened in safe mode program works properly but in normal mode, program shows it is original trial version only. Any ideas to correct as disableing UAC is unsafe.
            Missed this?

//Edit
            And it looks like I missed CBR929...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Missed this?

//Edit
              And it looks like I missed CBR929...
              Yup I missed it, as you can tell have not gotten new glasses yet

@breslaw

You may want to check the DEP setting and make sure you have "Turn on DEP for all program and sevices except those I select" selected

Comment

breslaw
                To do what StormJumper is referring to here are instructions:
                1: Right click on your “My Computer” icon, and select “Properties”.
                2: Select the “Advanced System Settings” option, and click on the “Advanced” tab.
                3: Select “Performance Settings”, and click on the “Data Execution Prevention” tab.
                4: Once here select the “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for the ones that I select”
                5: Now select the “Add” button, when the browser opens make your way to “Program Files” folder on your “Local Disk C:” drive.
                6: Once, here find the DVD Fab folder, and open it. Double click on the “DVD Fab Application” file.
                7: Now click “Apply” then OK, the only part I am unsure about is if you have to add all the application files to the list.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929

Comment

Too Complicated

Too complicated for me. I just a beginner. If they give me a new id key do you think that will take care of the problem ?

Comment

Too complicated for me. I just a beginner. If they give me a new id key do you think that will take care of the problem ?
                    No it will not, the reg key is not the problem unless it as been placed on the black list which can happen if it is used or running on to many computers.

Just my .02 cents

Comment

breslaw
                      Did you follow the instructions from the link in post 2 exactly???
                      Also when you went to reinstall Fab instead of clicking run you click save after it finishes downloading a screen will pop up and you click open folder, Fab should be highlighted in blue , right click run as administrator and this will install Fab with administrative privileges, then start Fab and install your key
                      CBR929

Comment

Working...
                      X