Problem playing a dvd movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem playing a dvd movie

I have a problem. I bought this region 4 movie and I made a copy of it. I tried to watch it with my regular dvd player and it says "disc error." When I copied it I changed the settings (dvdfab) to region 4 and checked the remove region codes and now I cannot play my copy. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like a PAL - NTSC issue
    Is your player NTSC <----> PAL compatible?

Does the copy play in your pc?
    If yes, that's it.
    I doubt this has anything to do with the region coding.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

That's what I don't understand. If the region code was removed, how can it cause a problem playing the movie with a regular dvd player? Yes, I am able to watch it on my computer, the problem is my dvd player at home. Is there any other way I can try to make it work?

Comment

The difference between PAL and NTSC is not just the region code. The frame rate, frame resolution and some of the carrier signals are different. It’s a completely different video format. There are ways to convert PAL to NTSC but Fab won’t do it.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

NTFS and PAL
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Is there a good program that converts PAL to NTSC and vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl2010 View Post
              Is there a good program that converts PAL to NTSC and vice versa?
              Be much easier to find a DVD Player that can play both formats. If that not an option you can look into Nero Vision or IFOEDIT but takes some time to learn and to actually change them

Comment

Working...
              X