64 Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 Bit

Is there ever going to come a time that we will see DvdFab written for a 64Bit operating system? It would make the process go so much faster? Would it not help speed up Blu-Ray rips as well?

Originally posted by jimspencer View Post
    Is there ever going to come a time that we will see DvdFab written for a 64Bit operating system? It would make the process go so much faster? Would it not help speed up Blu-Ray rips as well?
    IMHO, a native 64 bit DVD Fab would not be necessary and would not help you " go faster" A processor like an Intel i7 980X would make the processes go faster but even then we are only talking about minutes. Not hours. DVD FAB now works perfectly on a 64 bit architecture, you would not gain that much. To tell the truth I like the program as is, is does what it says and is always being updated and flat out works. More than I can say for alt of other programs.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by jimspencer View Post
      Not likely, I tend to agreed with Chameleon. The bottlenecks are probably not in the number-crunching or computational processing but in the I/Os or R/Ws to your HDD and ODD.

Even MS recommends using Office 2010 x86, over their x64 version, when running in a 64-bit environment, only the rare users that use extremely large Excel spreadsheets would the x64 version make a difference. Not as much with performance, but in its larger addressing capability.

Comment

64 Bit

Thank Guys,
        I kind of felt the same way, but am always curious to know when there is a better mousetrap. You never know unless you ask the question.

Comment

Working...
        X