This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge performance problem

I've been using DVDFab for quite a while, both version 5 and 6.
    I've copied quite a number of DVDs.

Unfortunately, today, something went terribly wrong.
    I got to 58% of the "copy" process and the performance dropped to .01 MB/second, remaining time went to 00:00:00 even though the DVD recorder and hard drive were working their little hearts out. Three and 1/2 hours in, I cancelled the copy. Tried again, same thing at 56%.

I don't think it's the source, RER DVD Ripper is reading and converting fine. I have a lot of memory (4GB), a fast Intel Quad processor, tons of available disk space (more than 2 TB).

This never happened before. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi aakalan

I have a similar problem, but I noticed my started after installing AVS Video Converter..I too, have been looking as to why DVDFAB acts this way. But to date I have not yet found a answer.. My dvd starts copying then slows to a crawl, then stops. I was thinking of asking the Program designer Fentago I think his name is.. Anyway if you should found out before me post me the fix..

Thanx

Comment

Firstly make sure that you are using the latest version of Fab, beta or otherwise.

Then try the following:-

If PathPlayer is on, turn it off
      If PathPlayer is off, turn it on

Is this problem with one particular disk or with all disks?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am using the latest version.

And your other question was a good one. After I posted here, I tried another DVD. Though it was slower than normal, it did not grind to a halt and stop like this one did.

I'm beginning to believe that there is something wrong with the source DVD.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hi CharlieD

I wish I could help you. I've copied other DVDs since I had the problem, and it appears to be the source DVD.

Is it possible your DVDs are damaged in some way?

Comment

I've had the same problem lately also. Today I went and updated the Firmware for my drive and now it reads faster than it did from day one. Maybe check and see if there is any updated Firmware for your Burner.
            Into abyss
            You don't exist
            Cannot resist
            The Judas kiss
            Judas lives recite this vow
            I've become your new god now

Comment

Goog point, I will check my firmware. I've never updated a DVD burner, but there's always a first time!

Comment

Working...
              X