Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I get movie to play all files?

Hi all

In a few weeks I will be going overseas and takng my little NetBook with me and with this in mind I thought it would be nice if I loaded a few of my movies onto the HD as the netbook does not have a ROM drive.

And that is where my problem lays.

I copy my DVD to the HD and want to play the movie from there.

I get a number of files in the new movie folder and them being:
    Default.PLS
    Video.TS. BUP
    Video.TS. IFO
    VTS_xx.xx.BUP
    VTS_xx_x.VOB

I think you get the picture.

At this point I usually pick the largest file with the smallest number assuming that that is where the movie begins. Sometimes this woks, other times I have to try again.

Either way, even if I do manage to start at the beginning of the movie, my CyberLink Power DVD XP Vers 4 program stops at the end of that segmant and I have to go through the same procedure trying to find and play the next segment. It does not matter if I choose format 5 or 9 for the FABDvd program, or if I choose full disk or just the main movie.

After all that, my question is, how do I get the movie to play all the way through with the minimum of in put from me?

I use FABDvd Version 8

Regards

Since you have the vob files in the folder you need to set PowerDVD to play the Video TS IFO file in order to play the movie from start to finish.

To make it easier for you try saving the movie to hard drive as ISO file as it one file and nothing to confuse you. Then you can install DVDFab Virtual Drive as you need it to play the ISO. Here a link that tells about the Virtual drive and what it does and as well download link for it http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8323

Comment

Hi AGJ.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone to the suggested site and downloaded the DVDFab virtual Drive. (I love these free downloads )

I now need to download the movie to the HD as an ISO as you suggested as soon as time permits.

Just as a point you also stated:

"the vob files in the folder you need to set PowerDVD to play the Video TS IFO file in order to play the movie from start to finish".

Should I also wish to proceed down this path (as a alternative), how would I go about doing this as I can not remember seeing this function within Power DVD XP, what should I look for?

Regards

Comment

right click the TS IFO and select open with. Then choose a program on computer. Search for PowerDVD and associate the TS IFO with PowerDVD.

Also you can open PowerDVD and and at the bottom left you will see a drive icon. Click that and select "Open movie file on hard disk drive" then find the movie folder and select OK. This is using PoweDVD 9

Comment

Hi AGJ

Thanks for that. I will make a hard copy of all these instructions so as to be able to refer to them in the early stages of learning.

If I have any problems I will get back to your guys.

A great forum Thumbs up to all.

Regards

Comment

Hi guys.

I have managed to get both the suggested methods to work just fine from the HD, but now I have come upon another problem.

I have a 32Gig CF card inserted into the NetBook onto which I would like to store some movies.

This presents no problem if I use the VIDEO TS files method, but if I try to save the ISO files onto it I am blocked with the message "disk is full, insert new media".

I have re-formated the disk using the HP formating tool and have successfully re-formated a number of times, but each time I get the same message when it comes to loading ISO files. The actual folder icon housing the ISO files and folder title move across, but not the ISO content. Now when I try to delete this empty folder I am presented with an message stating that it can not be deleted as the contents are in use.

This is no great drama as I can always use the working method but I am curious as to why this should happen. Any advice here please?

Regards

Comment

Format it to NTFS if it will allow it. FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit that NTFS doesn't have. I haven't tried to format an SD card to NTFS but I know a USB thumb drive will.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

one vob file

Originally posted by Janset View Post
                Hi all

In a few weeks I will be going overseas and takng my little NetBook with me and with this in mind I thought it would be nice if I loaded a few of my movies onto the HD as the netbook does not have a ROM drive.

And that is where my problem lays.

I copy my DVD to the HD and want to play the movie from there.

I get a number of files in the new movie folder and them being:
                Default.PLS
                Video.TS. BUP
                Video.TS. IFO
                VTS_xx.xx.BUP
                VTS_xx_x.VOB

I think you get the picture.

At this point I usually pick the largest file with the smallest number assuming that that is where the movie begins. Sometimes this woks, other times I have to try again.

Either way, even if I do manage to start at the beginning of the movie, my CyberLink Power DVD XP Vers 4 program stops at the end of that segmant and I have to go through the same procedure trying to find and play the next segment. It does not matter if I choose format 5 or 9 for the FABDvd program, or if I choose full disk or just the main movie.

After all that, my question is, how do I get the movie to play all the way through with the minimum of in put from me?

I use FABDvd Version 8

Regards
                Hi Jaset,

You can try DVD Ripper- vob mode, which can copy your original film and then convert your moives to one vob files. Have a nice day!

Comment

Or better still than all the above, use Fab to make an AVI file which will show little lack of quality on a NetBook and be just over 1Gb in size.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi Gregiboy.

This sound interesting also, how would I go about trying this out as I have never worked with AVI files as yet?

This may even work out O.K. with the problem that I am experiencing trying to load the movies onto a SD card.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X