HD Copy Issues on Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD Copy Issues on Playback

This may not be a DVDFab issue at all, but want to put it out there to see if anyone has encountered it.
    I will use BD main move/HD audio and subtitles (if needed) to produce ISO to my HDD. I then move the ISO to my WHS for streaming. I use a Dune 3.0 Base unit for my media streaming and a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-k as my receiver. When I play a movie that has HD MA or TRU HD sound it displays on the my receiver when the movie starts. But randomly on some movies the audio will switch back and forth from the HD to stereo thruout the movie. This makes it completely useless to watch.
    It is possible that is is the Dune player itself, but has anyone encountered this on their systems? I just want to rule out the DVDfab software as the problem.

Thx

Hi sac130e,

Please copy your blu-ray main movie/HD audio to your local HDD, then play on your HDD with blu-ray player like PowerDVD to check if the HD audio can play well, if it does, that maybe your Dune player itself issue, you'd better contact the support team of Dune player to get more advice.

Kind regards
    sunny
    ________
    Harmed By Paxil
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
      Hi sac130e,

Please copy your blu-ray main movie/HD audio to your local HDD, then play on your HDD with blu-ray player like PowerDVD to check if the HD audio can play well, if it does, that maybe your Dune player itself issue, you'd better contact the support team of Dune player to get more advice.

Kind regards
      sunny
      Wish I could, but I don't own PowerDVD, only way I can view anything is thru the DVDFab preview window. The sound issue has only happened on about a dozen movies out of 200. So I am thinking it was just a bad copy and I will retry another copy and see what happens. I am sure a bad copy happens every now and then.

Thx

Comment

sac130e: Thats alright, there are a couple free BD players that you can use. I find that the best one to use is MPC-Home Cinema. Download and install that and then open it, click "File", then "Open DVD", then navigate to where the BD is stored and select the whole folder.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
          sac130e: Thats alright, there are a couple free BD players that you can use. I find that the best one to use is MPC-Home Cinema. Download and install that and then open it, click "File", then "Open DVD", then navigate to where the BD is stored and select the whole folder.
          Yup, great advice and couldn't agree more.
          Here ya go:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            Yup, great advice and couldn't agree more.
            Here ya go:

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downlo...lassic-hc.html
            Thx for advise, gave it a shot..but won't opne BD ISO files. No biggie, I just try another copy and see how that goes..thx

Comment

Hi sac130e,

Please install DVDFab Virtual Drive at http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm with which you can mount BD ISO file, then play it as a real DVD with your MPC-Home Cinema freely.

Kind regards,
              sunny
              ________
              Coach purses
              Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

This question is for sac130e about Dune Base 3.0 as I am considering buying this unit.

1. Is the DVD upconversion very good?

2. Is the audio very good, not edgy, using the RCA outputs, because I use a SE tube amp for the audio? I already owned an Argosy as recommended by other members. Everything works beautifully, except the audio being rather edgy and less transparent, using RCA outputs.

3. Is navigation taxing or a joy to use?

4. Is the remote user-friendly and responsive?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X