im new to blue ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new to blue ray

i want to start doing blue ray i live in seattle wa. were do i get blue ray burners at .im going to have lots of questions

Originally posted by kenbra View Post
    i want to start doing blue ray i live in seattle wa. were do i get blue ray burners at .im going to have lots of questions
    Your local electronics store or online, two goood ones are Tiger Direct http://www.tigerdirect.com/ or NewEgg http://www.newegg.com/?nm_mc=KNC-Goo...paign=Branding
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I second that.

Comment

media

what meadia do i use just regulare dvd or is there a blueray tipe

Comment

use BD-R or BD-RE

This is a trusted brand:

Verbatim

Comment

media

weres the cheapest place to get bd blanks would wallmart have them

Comment

wall mart might have them...not sure if they woul be any cheaper than newegg.com, probably not.

and when it comes to discs, name brand can make all the difference...typically good brands are Verbatim, Sony, Rydata.

Stay away from Memorex.

Comment

I would have to say, you should stay away from Ridata as well. When you say stay away from Memorex, you might as well add Ridata in there, because both of those companies tend to outsource their media, so you will see Memorexs with Ridata MIDs, and Ridatas with Memorex MIDs and both are horrible media. Stick with Verbatims or some Sonys, if you want a cheaper brand, but don't want to suffer on too much quality, get Optical Quantums from newegg.com. I've used about 200 of those so far and had excellent results.
                SPECS
                DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I've burned at least 20 ridata BD-Rs....zero coasters...do you have any real world experience with them?
                  Last edited by crackinhedz; 10-17-2010, 08:56 PM.

Comment

thanks a lot every one . i never done blue ray before

Comment

The only experience I have with Ridatas is when I was first getting into the whole BD

extravaganza, I bought a ten pack of those and a ten pack of Memorex. All of them

burned fine for me, no coasters, everything seemed to be good. After those, I switched

to Optical Quantums. I was browsing the CDFreaks forum one day and was reading a

thread with people having issues with the Ridata & Memorex discs so I figured I would run

a couple of each through Nero DiscSpeed. Every single one had massive Jitter errors and

Parity Inner failures. They still somewhat played, but I doubt that will last long, so I

backed all those up on Quantums and haven't had a problem since. The media code of

both the Ridatas and the Memorexs I believe was Ritek-BR2-00.

Its possible that they've fixed their issues since then, as that was at least a year and a

half ago, but I stay away from them nonetheless.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                      X