X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to demo DVDFab v6 - won't launch

Trying to demo the application:

Just installed DVDFab v6125 and after install and reboot, it will not launch from the icon on the desktop. Nothing is listed in Task Manager either indicating that the app is running.

Is there a bug in the new build?

This is on Windows XP 32bit.

Can you open it by going to the program folder and then opening DVDFAB from its folder?

Comment

No. I see it hit Task Manager under processes, then disappears.

Comment

Does the new version of DVDFab require any service packs for XP?

Comment

Originally posted by elklaker View Post
          Does the new version of DVDFab require any service packs for XP?
          No. It requires nothing different than the previous version.
          Sorry I can not be of more help.

Comment

Have you tried to un-install and then re-install? If not do that and then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner or revo uninstaller to make sure all traces of DVDFab have been removed. Once that done then install all over again
            Last edited by AGJ; 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM. Reason: added more text

Comment

I have tried those things, and same issue. Even redownloaded the installer to make sure that wasn't corrupt.

Comment

Try right clicking on the Fab icon and "Run as Administrator"

It may also be wise to install as Administrator.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry, same thing. Guess I'll just have to wait for a build without these issues.

Thanks for the responses so far though.

Comment

Somewhere on the DVDFab site to download the build prior to this new release?

Comment

No issues as I am running DVDFab on my XP 32bit system and on my Windows 7 64bit system. Sorry to say but it on your end and not a DVDFab issue you must have forgot to delete some files that belonged to DVDFab when you removed it. Do a search on computer and remove everything that is DVDFab6 search hidden folders as well

Comment

I thank you for your reply AGJ. This is on a new OS install, so there would be 0 there from any prior installation of DVDFab. New install of XP and tried to setup DVDFab to test it out.

That is why I was asking if there are other requirements for DVD v6, like a service pack or anything else as this is a plain jane XP environment.

Comment

did you install with your anti-virus/spyware and firewall turned off as that causes install problems for some users depending on the protection being used if it was not turned off

Comment

Same Problem

This is the same problem, that I have been dealing with for the last several weeks. I have not found an answer yet. I just reinstalled 5.2.5 . Actually 5.2.5 asked me to install 6.1.2 and I did , but then again nothing happens. I have a feeling it has to do with a hidden file that checks for your trial version being used up, but that my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by rontracie View Post
                              This is the same problem, that I have been dealing with for the last several weeks. I have not found an answer yet. I just reinstalled 5.2.5 . Actually 5.2.5 asked me to install 6.1.2 and I did , but then again nothing happens. I have a feeling it has to do with a hidden file that checks for your trial version being used up, but that my opinion.
                              You need to request a DVDFab6 key as you DVDFab5 key will not work with this version

Comment

Working...
                              X