burning to dvd5 vs dvd9 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning to dvd5 vs dvd9 problem

For sone reason or other,when i try to copy a dvd to a single layer dvd,the program always prompts me to insert a double layer dvd in the drive whenever the file size is over the 4.7gb size limit.
    Even when i set the quality setting to dvd5 before starting the copying process.It works fine for anything under that 4.7 limit but it dosen't seem to want to compress anything over that limit,which is fine from a quality point of view,but if a disc is only say 5gb in size i don't want to use a double layer disc.A little compression is ok.
    Is there a fix for this?maybee a setting that i am missing or is this a normal function of the program?i have been using DL discs when this happens but now i would like to fix the problem, if possible,with someone's help.

Thanx for reading this and for your responses.

Are you using the Free DVDFab HD Decryptor? If you are it does not compress anything! If you are using a paid version then you may not have registered it correctly and will need to try what is suggested in the link below

Also you can go into common settings the green dot with check mark top right of DVDFab and go to DVD Copy found towards bottom left. Make sure your Default output size is set to DVD5. Click OK and restart DVDFab to see if the problem fixed

Comment

Hopefully, this is just an incorrect setting.

Firstly, enter Common Settings by clicking the check mark/green circle icon on the upper right of the Fab screen.
      > scroll down on the column in the left field to
      DVD / Blu-ray and click Write

Please set the Writable Media (DVD-5) Size to 4300 MB as a test size.
      The upper limit with top quality media like Taiyo Yuden is about 4478 MB.

Keep in mind that the advertised 4.7 MB size for SL media is misleading as this is a decimal measurement (log base 10)
      whereas your pc will measure in binary (log base 2) which translates to roughly 4.38 GB.

You can also "test" this setting without burning....simply select a location on your hdd as the Target and rip the file in DVD5 quality
      using 4300 MB as the write setting I suggested above.
      Take a look at the file size and post back with the results.

Hope this helps and let us know...

Edit//
      Hey AGJ....looks like I'm slow again...
      Last edited by maineman; 10-20-2010, 05:14 AM. Reason: slow
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I am not using a free version... Using version 8.2.

I have purchased two registrations, one is for DVD copy and the other is for bluray copy. This problem sometimes occurs with a bluray disk where it cuts off maybe five or 10 minutes of a movie that is say about 30 GB big, such as avatar. The compression thing works but it just doesn't work with dvds over the 4.7 GB limit. The DVD - nine and five compression options are open but it just requests a double layer disk when I try anything over that limit.

Comment

Please try what I suggested and post back with the results
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
          X