How to Setup Menus/Folders Before Backing Up DVD to Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Setup Menus/Folders Before Backing Up DVD to Hard Drive

Im new to this forum but have been trying to setup a media streamer over the years. A couple of years ago I tried to setup my PS3 as a media server but using FAT32 and having to change file names wasnt worth it.

So now I am trying again since there is new software and hardware. Right now I plan on using my Dune Base 3.0 and Asus O!Play with external drives backed up with my DVD collection to ISO files.

So right now Im experimenting trying to find the right procedure that will work for this before I start backing up all my DVDs.
    I was using DVDFab with a TV Episode DVD and it plays fine but Im confused to how to setup the menu or folder on my hard drive.

After I backed up a couple of episodes off this DVD the folder on the hard drive would show as "Main Movie" and when you would click on it the TV episode would be inside and then click it and it would play. When I backed up another Episode the would go into the same folder "Main Movie" and then when I would click Main movie there would be 2 episodes inside.

So I have some questions is and this would apply to DVD movies and the TV Series Episodes. Am I supposed to create a folder on the hard drive before I backup a DVD movie or TV Episode? If so how should I do this?
    RIght now the way it looks I could download hundreds of TV episodes and movies and it looks like they would go into the folder "Main Movie."
    Im not sure if changing the "Main Movie" folder name would work. Im afraid even if I change the name the backups would continue to go into that folder.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

If you not want them to be placed in the Main Movie folder then go in to Common settings which is the green dot with check mark top right of DVDFab GUI. then to the left select General and at the bottom for Output Directory remove the check mark from Create files in subfolders of output directory. This should stop the folders from being put in the Main Movie folder

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      If you not want them to be placed in the Main Movie folder then go in to Common settings which is the green dot with check mark top right of DVDFab GUI. then to the left select General and at the bottom for Output Directory remove the check mark from Create files in subfolders of output directory. This should stop the folders from being put in the Main Movie folder
      So then should I just create various folders such as "TV Comedies" "TV Drama" "Comedy Movies" etc? Will this work? Can I even break folders down to "TV Seasons?"

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X