Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media

Hello.

I see that alot of people seem to prefer the Verbatim brand of DVD but does anyone have any experience with TDK's? I'm curious because my local stores don't sell Verbatim in bulk. It's pretty much only Memorex. But, I did find one place that sells TDK +R's in bulk.

Any experience or comparison to Verbatim?

Thanks!

Hi Carob
    What kind of stores did you look for Verbatim disc's??? Stores that should carry them are Best Buy, Office Max,to name a few you can also find great deals online.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

TDK disks, OK if you don't mind slow.

I purchased some TDK R+DVD disks and had a hard time getting the system to recognize them until I slowed the burn rate to a 4. They are reliable at that speed and I haven't noted any transcribed errors. I have detected the aroma of unpolymerized monomer when first opening the pack and suspect the disks weren't cured properly.

Comment

Verbatim with the AZO logo are much better than the TDKs but Verbatim without the AZO logo are made by several companies in several countries and the quality reflects that.

The TDK is also made under at least 12 different MIDs .
        A quick check on my personal records show I have burned 2950 TDKs with mid of CMC MAG MO1 with a loss of 5 disc.
        I burn no faster than 12X nor slower than 8X with them.

If you can not get Verbatim with the AZO logo go with the TDK +R 16X

Comment

I didn't know this but I guess TDK is owned by Imation??? When I was looking at the packaging it had the Imation Corp name on it.

Comment

I noticed that my local Office Max now carries the data life series verbatim disc and they don't have the AZO logo on them anywhere, probably the cmc mag crap.
            If you order online I wouldn't buy the 100pk spindles or during shipping the spindle may crack/break open and the disc will be scattered in the shipping box. 50pk spindles seem to survive shipping better (just my experience).

Comment

Originally posted by Carob View Post
              Hello.

I see that alot of people seem to prefer the Verbatim brand of DVD but does anyone have any experience with TDK's? I'm curious because my local stores don't sell Verbatim in bulk. It's pretty much only Memorex. But, I did find one place that sells TDK +R's in bulk...

Originally posted by Carob View Post
              I didn't know this but I guess TDK is owned by Imation??? When I was looking at the packaging it had the Imation Corp name on it.
              Nah, brands are confusing with a few exceptions.
              Imation simply put their brand on it
              TDK and Imation, both, are currently manufactured by CMC and Ritek...
              a crapshoot for sure.
              In the past they have been manufactured by various others including,
              Optodisc, CMC, Ritek, Mitsubishi, Fuji, Moser Baer and Ricoh.

I peeked at your locale and it looks like you're within the US so I'd recommend online purchasing.

I use Taiyo Yuden +R 8X (MID = YUDEN000 T02 000).
              These are the best SL +R media on the planet...JMO.
              They now carry a JVC label, but are still TY.
              Taiyo Yuden actually acquired JVC, but the TY discs are still made in Japan and owned and operated by TY.

Look for the sales, especially free shipping.
              Here are a couple of my favorite sites:

http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...ax=15&offset=0.

As others have said, the verbs are top notch too, but make absolutely sure they carry the AZO Dye logo on the wrapper...otherwise it's another crapshoot.
              Newegg (my favorite retailer on the planet) and Rima are good online media stores too.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X