Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really need a 'Virtual Drive' to play iso files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really need a 'Virtual Drive' to play iso files?

I've posted a question or two regarding problems playing some iso files on my computer. I do not have a virtual drive installed, but I seem to be able to play "some" iso files on my computer using ether VLC or Nero media players. However, about 50% of the iso files can not be played on my computer.

I have 3 questions:

Is a virtual drive really a must for viewing iso files on a computer?

If a virtual drive is absolutly necessary, then why do some iso files play with my ether VLC or Nero media players and no virtual drive on my computer?

Can a virtual drive be installed on an external hard drive?
    Last edited by BKSinAZ; 10-24-2010, 04:02 PM.

dvdfab has a virtual drive, but I use DAEMON Tools for my virtual drive.

...I don't know whether its a "must", as you say you can play some iso files...but it certainly helps for the iso.

I would think a virtual drive could be loaded from an external drive, but not sure why you would need too...takes up very little space.

Comment

Is the source content from standard dvd or BD or both?
      VLC should be able to handle any .ISO if the source content is standard dvd.

If you're talking BD .ISO, you'll have to use emulation software.
      Just mount the .ISO image with DVDFab Virtual Drive and enjoy it while it's free.

//Edit
      Hey crackinhedz....sorry, didn't spot you in time
      Last edited by maineman; 10-24-2010, 05:05 PM. Reason: too slow
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
      X