DVDFAB program not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB program not starting

I have been using DVDFAB for numerous years and have never had a problem. Since upgrading to version 8 the program will not start on my Windows XP system. My PC is dual boot, when I boot Windows 7 the program runs on my PC.

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 - 1090T
    RAM - 8 Gb DDR3 1600 (only 3.25 shows in XP)
    DVD - 2 X LG DVD-RW IDE
    Blu-Ray - LG SATA Blu-Ray Burner
    H/D - 4 X Seagate 1 Tb SATA

Thanks for your help in advance

can't start DVDFab

Hi sunmachine,

This is Anny from DVDFab support team. Please offer us your registered email and order number, then we can check in our database and give you the guides about how to start DVDFab. You can send email to anny@dvdfab.com.

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team

Comment

can't start DVDFab

Hi, Anny I've got the same problem. Downloaded trial version and never opens. My operating system is XP. Works fine on friend of mine Win7 computer. Maybe hardware, software, OS? I do not know. So many questions. I have to get answers before buying DVD Fab. Please help me! Thank You!

Comment

Same boat. I have used the programs for years (dvd/bd). I downloaded the second to latest beta last week and successfully ripped the Robin Hood BD on Saturday 10/24/10. Then right after i put in another disc and Fab wont open now. It says something like "DVDFAB files corrupt, please reinstall DVDFAB". I tried reinstalling many times with on luck. Any thoughts?

thanks
        jay

Comment

can't open DVDFab

Originally posted by Angel181155 View Post
          Hi, Anny I've got the same problem. Downloaded trial version and never opens. My operating system is XP. Works fine on friend of mine Win7 computer. Maybe hardware, software, OS? I do not know. So many questions. I have to get answers before buying DVD Fab. Please help me! Thank You!
          Hi angel181155,

1) Please understand that the current DVDFab products can work on
          Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit).

2) Please uninstall completely, and then reinstall the latest beta version 8.0.2.9 at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA to see if you still can't open DVDFab.

Best regards,
          Anny
          DVDFab Support Team

Comment

can't open DVDFab

Originally posted by LankyHank888 View Post
            Same boat. I have used the programs for years (dvd/bd). I downloaded the second to latest beta last week and successfully ripped the Robin Hood BD on Saturday 10/24/10. Then right after i put in another disc and Fab wont open now. It says something like "DVDFAB files corrupt, please reinstall DVDFAB". I tried reinstalling many times with on luck. Any thoughts?

thanks
            jay
            Hi LankyHank888,

1) For your problem,you need to do a clean uninstall of DVDFab because sometimes programs can get files that become corrupt.

Please open My Computer and go to c:\Program Files (OR) wherever you installed DVDFab, delete the "DVDFab" folder. And then Open "c:\WINDOWS \ PREFETCH" clean all the relevant ".pf " files with DVDFab.

2) After that try to install the latest beta version 8.0.2.9 at http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_BETA to see the result.

Best regards,
            Anny
            DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Working...
            X