Clueless guy here about general info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Clueless guy here about general info

I downloaded the free encryptor and it came with the temp. dvd ripper as well as the others. I experiemented with a dvd "Meltdown - Jet Li". I ripped it using the general setting and in divx format and just did the main movie. When I opened it in Windows Media Center, it just showed a red box with the title that I prefixed it with. How do I get the actual dvd picture with all the info about the movie (ex. date, starring, general info like when I load the dvd into the computer) to show up on the title after I copy/rip it. I have Windows 7 and what I would like to get out of this is to copy all of my dvds to my hard drive and access them with a Western Digital TV Live Plus Media Player that I am looking into getting. Am I making sense and going in the right direction. Do I need to buy a ripper or copier or something different?

I convert my dvds to mkv and then use a program called 'My Movies' (it's free just use Google).
    I use DVDFab ripper to convert my title to mkv, My Movies will d/l front and back cover art, title description, synopsis ect. and all integrates into WMC.

Comment

If I do a DVD Copy to my hard drive, would the WD TV Media Player be able to read that format? Or should I convert it to an mkv?

Comment

Yes WDTV can read it and if I remember correctly can as well read menu if FullDisc was used. WDTV can read ISO as well and that just one file

But you may want to do more research for media players before getting the WDTV to see what ones are better and not problematic like WDTV is

Comment

I did read a post that the Argosy HV3397 was better, and GregiBoy said he likes Measy E9HD and Kaiboer K530i, but I havent found many of them around $100. Unless I'm not looking hard enough.

Comment

Check this thread out http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=9023

Comment

Working...
            X