Can't download newer versions now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't download newer versions now

After successfully downloading many newer versions of DVDFab, all of a sudden I am unable to do so since the August 25, 2010 version. When I click on the download link I get this error message: Not Found
    The requested URL /download/DVDFab8032_avangate-689[1].exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.8 Server at 174.142.97.101 Port 80

I'm not sure what happened as I don't recall doing anything differently

use this link to home download page.

Comment

I tried your link but got the same error. I can download other stuff from the DVDFab website but just not DVDFab newer versions...

Comment

Originally posted by flv0104 View Post
        I tried your link but got the same error. I can download other stuff from the DVDFab website but just not DVDFab newer versions...
        I have the same problem; 404 Not Found error

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          use this link to home download page.

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

I am still getting 404 when trying to download 8.0.3.2.
          8.0.3.1 works fine

Errormessage:

Not Found
          The requested URL /download/DVDFab8032_avangate-689[1].exe was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.8 Server at 174.142.97.101 Port 80

Comment

I just checked, this direct-to-server link is working:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              I just checked, this direct-to-server link is working:

http://174.142.61.204/download/DVDFab8032.exe

Yes, thanks !

Comment

Glad to hear it worked for you.
                I'm a bit stumped as to why the link on the homepage failed though.
                Ever happen previously?
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                  Glad to hear it worked for you.
                  I'm a bit stumped as to why the link on the homepage failed though.
                  Ever happen previously?
                  No, first time; always used to work perfect.

Comment

Thanks. Clicking on this link works for me too but if I copy and paste it into my browser I get the 404 error. Bizarre. I still get the error when trying to download 8.0.4.0 from the website.

Comment

Originally posted by flv0104 View Post
                      Thanks. Clicking on this link works for me too but if I copy and paste it into my browser I get the 404 error. Bizarre. I still get the error when trying to download 8.0.4.0 from the website.

Hi, flv0104,

Please use other browsers, namely, Firefox, to have a try.

Sincerely Yours
                      Malcolm Wang

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post

Hi, flv0104,

Please use other browsers, namely, Firefox, to have a try.

Sincerely Yours
                        Malcolm Wang
                        Hi Malcolm,

Thanks. I actually did try Firefox but got same error. I'm beginning to wonder now if this error message coincides with the change I made mid July of this year with my telco who I have dsl through. Just remembered that. I have the same ISP but moved to their new fiber optic network instead of whatever it was before...hmnnn. Not sure about the technicalities of the change or if that's related but that's the only thing I've changed when I noticed my sudden inability to download the updates late August.
                        Last edited by flv0104; 11-28-2010, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Make sure your browser is sending UTF-8 url requests. If Exporer select tools, internet options then advanced and you'll find it in the list.
                          Last edited by 90312; 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM.
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            Make sure your browser is sending UTF-8 url requests. If Exporer select tools, internet options then advanced and you'll find it in the list.
                            Thanks for your help. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I just sorta gave up for a while. But that option is checked. There is one unchecked that says "Use UTF-8 for mailto links" though. I'm a novice at this kinda thing and usually just sit down at my computer and hope it works right .

Thanks again and hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                            X