Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD ROM - Disappears from system

Hi All,

Been using DVDFAB for a while now, and have not ever really ran into any issue before. I am having problems with my DVD ROM drive disappearing from my system. I have swapped drives to confirm it is not a bad drive. Visited the Tech Support Forum and ruled out most other possibilities. I believe it has something to do with DVDFAB - I notice it tends to disappear the day after I back up some DVD's. Just started doing this after the early Oct release - I just updated to the most recent version and I am still having problems.

Has anybody ran into similar issues or aware of any conflicts the software may cause?

Thanks in advance...

What operating system are you running?
    How is your burner connected?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      What operating system are you running?
      How is your burner connected?
      Hey Maineman, thanks for the reply.

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit on HP Pavilion laptop - internal drive.

Comment

*bump*

still having the problem with my optic drive it seems to be intermittent off and on, just went out again the last couple of days, so I decided to install DVDFAB on my older laptop that I use as a HTPC, drive was working and appeared in the system. Installed DVDFAB and restarted and it disappeared. The OS on the other laptop is XP service pack 3.

is anybody else running into the same problems?

Comment

i had this issue. i reset dma and it went away.

Comment

Working...
          X