X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

won't play in dvd player but will play in computer

Hello,
    About 10 days ago I purchased a regular DVD (Walt Disney Fantasia). From Thailand, that is why it took so long. When I got it, right away I noticed region 2 on the back case. I am in the United States. I put it in my blu-ray player anyway and it did not work. So, I backed it up useing Full Disc. Knowing DVDFAB would copy it and fix it to play in my region. I let the popup menu stay at region 1. It still didnot work in my samsung blu ray player. So now I tryed backing it up useing clone. Nope still won't work in the blu ray player. Note: I did all of this on a regular DVD discs. Not on blu ray discs. The disc I bought was a regular DVD. But get this, it will play in the computers windows media player. Even the disk I bought.Before I tryed all of this I was mad because they sent me a region 2 disc, so I e-mailed them asking for a return number and I want to send the disk back. Being it is in Thailand, do you think my disc is a copy and they made a misstake that it only works on the computer?? Or what am I doing wrong if I am. I am useing 6.0.7.0 I can get the newist if that is what is wrong. But I don't think so. My Samsung dvd blu-ray disc player is up to date and there is no more firmware update for it. All of my other disc play fine whether there legal copys or clones. Thanks.

Incompatible Video Format

DVDs from Thailand are in PAL format. Your DVD player in the US is probably only for NTSC format. Your PC will play both formats.

Comment

And it most probably is "pirated" also and should not be discussed on this forum.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        And it most probably is "pirated" also and should not be discussed on this forum.
        Sorry, don't want to break any forum rules. It is just that I only bought it because of the price. I did not go to any of those sights offering discs for only a couple dollars. I went to what I thought was a ligit sight.
        I just want to know some thing strange. After writeing this forum, I decided to hook up my several year old regular DVD player a non blu ray player. It played the disk fine. I bought the player in wal mart in the U S. It is a Samsung. Is it possible that it can play both Pal and NTSC? But my Samsung flat screen tv wouldn't be able to broadcast that anyway Right??

Comment

There are Dual-Format Players

Originally posted by gweedow View Post
          ... hook up my several year old regular DVD player a non blu ray player. It played the disk fine. I bought the player in wal mart in the U S. It is a Samsung. Is it possible that it can play both Pal and NTSC?
          Yes. I have a cheap Philips DVD player for US$30 that would play dual formats while my more expensive Sony and Toshiba DVD players would play NTSC discs only.

Originally posted by gweedow View Post
          But my Samsung flat screen tv wouldn't be able to broadcast that anyway Right??
          Not sure I understand your question, but if the DVD player plays the PAL disc properly then the video should appear on your TV screen.

Comment

A lot of newer TV's are Multi-System and willl display both PAL & NTSC.

Have you actually tried it? What have you got to loose?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, did play fine on samsung flat screen

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              A lot of newer TV's are Multi-System and willl display both PAL & NTSC.

Have you actually tried it? What have you got to loose?
              Yes, sorry I did not explain myself right. The older dvd did play the disk and on my almost not quite year old samsung plasma tv. So it must be my samsung blu ray player (BD P2550) That can not play the pal format. THAT is a shame being the player cost so much. I found out that Nero ( I have the esentials) will convert a pal disc into NTSC. I am trying that right now. I will let you know if that works. It did not work when i used a copyed DVDFAB disc. I'm trying the original Fantasia disc I bought now. Thanks for your help

Comment

nope

Try a couple times with Nero essentials to convert the pal disc into NTSC, and got an error code in the Nero app.Went to a webb page from a 3rd party explaining how to do it with Nero. Went through the whole process in Nero was doing fine, but when I got to the last to burn, I got the error code. Made a log of the error, but can't understand it. Dose DVDFAB have an app. to convert pal to ntsc, or do you know of one that may be good? In any case I'll keep bugging the outfit I bought the dvd from and hope to get a reply. I don't know though. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X