Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used to work; now it doesn't

Hello -

I downloaded dvdfab back in July. I mostly use the dvd-copy function. I have had no trouble with the software up until recently. I agreed to an update last week, and ever since then, I have not been able to use the program as I was used to.

At first, it told me the media I inserted was too small. Then it said I needed a dual-layer disc. I'll be honest - I don't know much about this stuff... So I tried changing the quality from 9 to 5, thinking that had something to do with it. Still no luck.

Then today, I received the message that my 30 day trial had ended (even though I had been using the software without incident since July).

I thought that the upgrade has something to do with my troubles. So I uninstalled 8 and reinstalled 7. It's still not working. I just get the message "failed to copy, do you want to try again?" I keep trying again, even with new discs, but still no luck.

I'm just trying to understand what's going on. I'm not opposed to purchasing the software, if I must, but I don't know why it's prompting me to do that when it's been more than 30 days since I started using.

I can post logs if it helps, but I thought I'd see if my problem is simpler than that.

Thanks!

It seems there was a glitch that let you use the 30 day trial for several months.

Your choice is to use the free version that will rip to a hard drive only and will not compress and will not burn.

Or purchase the software in order to get the full working version.

Comment

I hope that's all it is. Seems like a weird glitch to me. I'm worried that I'll still have problems after I purchase it.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

Maybe download malwarebytes and do a scan on the computer to make sure computer not infected

Comment

Originally posted by wiss22 View Post
          I hope that's all it is. Seems like a weird glitch to me. I'm worried that I'll still have problems after I purchase it.

Thanks for responding.
          This is not the first time it has happened.
          Way back in one of the V6 release the 30 day trial version never expired.

Comment

Working...
          X