Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 8047 reporting as Trojan

Trying to download the latest Beta 8047

McAfee is reporting the file as New Malware.ag detecting it as a Trojan. The software just deletes it immediately is the detection isn't cleanable.

eon_designs i think you must change antivirus!McAfee it had many many false positives in the past and like i can see also now!I have 2 antivirus,avast and avira and everything it's ok!So it's up to you...

Comment

I agree with Chris_Gr that it a false positive and you need to contact McAfee about it so it can be fixed. I have Microsoft Security Essentials along with Malwarebytes registered version and they did not find anything wrong with my download or the installation. Malwarebytes even finished a Full Scan of my computer 2 hours ago and did not report anything

My other computer I have Zone Alarm along with Malwarebytes registered version and nothing wrong as well

Comment

Yes, McAfee does it again.

Okay with 8-0-4-0 and 8-0-4-6 (although it didn't work) but false positive for 8-0-4-7.

The false trojan only applies to the download, you can do what I did, turn McAfee OFF just for 2 or 3 minutes, download and instal 8-0-4-7, then turn McAfee back on again.

Comment

Working...
        X