CUDA not available - GeForce 8800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA not available - GeForce 8800

I've got an NVidia GeForce 8800 GT video card and want to optimize DVDFab's use of it. I'm running DVD Copy 8.0.3.2. In the A/V section I'm not getting much in terms of non-software support.

How can I enable CUDA and other non-software options?

I've searched forum and help file, please forgive if I missed the answer.

Codec Information
    Graphics Chipset : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
    Supported Video Codecs : DXVA_MODE_H264
    CoreAVC : cannot be detected

Here are my current settings, and the errors I see when I try to change them:

Video Decoder
    H.264 = DXVA
    * When I select the CUDA option I get an error, "CUDA H.264 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."
    * When I select CoreAVC H.264 I get an error, "CoreAVC H.264 decoder cannot be detected."
    VC1 = Software. When I select either DXVA or CUDA I get the error, "...decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."
    MPEG = Software.

Video Encoder
    H.264 = Software
    * When I select Software+CUDA I get an error, "CUDA H.264 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."

Also, where can I find more information about what VC1, CoreAVC, and DXVA are? I've googled the terms I'm just looking for help in knowing which I should try to get working, when is which best. I hope that makes sense. I haven't done anything with BluRay yet, most of what I use DVDfab for is to backup my home dvd library (which I then use PgcEdit to fine tune how I want that backup to play).

My vid card is 512 MB; drivers are nv4_disp (6.14.11.6932 - nVIDIA ForceWare 69.32). QuadQ6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, Win XP SP3.

CoreAVC is an external, retail codec available for about $10 US @ http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc

Sorry, I'm at work right now and not able to track down details of your card, but it appears to be CUDA supported.
    As to why Fab is not seeing this, I dunno off the top of my head.
    Be certain you have NVIDIA's most utd drivers...it may be that simple.

Hopefully updating the card's drivers and installing/reinstalling Fab 8047 Beta will do it.

You would probably benefit from CoreAVC...I don't have it myself, but my card is more than adequate for my needs
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you maineman for the quick reply and info.
      I can confirm my vid card supports CUDA (http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_gpus.html).

First time I searched for current driver I found 181.22. Installed just fine. Same problems encountered as in original post. Went back to look and stumbled across a newer driver (260.99). Installing that now. In case system crashes I thought I'd at least acknowledge your post and to thank you. Here's hoping...

Comment

Yeah, 181.22 is really old. The new driver should fix your issue, but if it doesn't, let us know and maybe we can narrow down what's wrong.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Thank you racem22. You and maineman were right. Tho it wasn't simple, a reinstall of driver and a few reboots along the way and now CUDA is available in all drop-downs on the A/V page. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. I mostly DVD Copy so I'm not sure how much gain I'll see, but I'm really glad to have optimized the A/V - GPU area. I have a DVD Ripper and Video Ripper licenses; however, once I've copied to hard drive I typically use PgcEdit to set the DVD just the way I want (play main movie first, remove streams, edit out parts of movie [vobblanker]), or if I want a movie on my drive I'll use VideoRedo and edit out such as leads and credits.

I'm grateful for you help. Thank you!

Comment

Awesome man, I'm glad you were able to get it working the way you wanted to.
            SPECS
            DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
            SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
              Awesome man, I'm glad you were able to get it working the way you wanted to.
              Ditto...congrats
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X