need help to speed up encoding time on bluray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other need help to speed up encoding time on bluray

some help please and advice i have installed on my computer a intel e6750 dual core processor with 4 gb ddr2 and nvidia geforce 9600 with 1gb ram - do you think it's better to change the ram to ddr3 or install another graphics card and bridge them as mine runs cuda i wont be able to afford to change the cpu yet to a quad core(i know that will be the best thing to do) any advice will be appreciated as bluray to bluray takes around 4-5 hours will have around £100 to spend at christmas (its all the wife will allow me to spend on the computer) live in the UK buy the way thanks.

Originally posted by cola View Post
    some help please and advice i have installed on my computer a intel e6750 dual core processor with 4 gb ddr2 and nvidia geforce 9600 with 1gb ram - do you think it's better to change the ram to ddr3 or install another graphics card and bridge them as mine runs cuda i wont be able to afford to change the cpu yet to a quad core(i know that will be the best thing to do) any advice will be appreciated as bluray to bluray takes around 4-5 hours will have around £100 to spend at christmas (its all the wife will allow me to spend on the computer) live in the UK buy the way thanks.
    Hi Cola,

First of all, please understand that the time of copying process/compression process/burning process all depends on your computer configuration, the size of source blu-ray disc, the write speed you chose, etc.

eg: Higher configurations that your computer has, the faster speed that you will get.

Compression(->BD25) will cost more time than the time of
    Non-compression(->BD50).

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team

Comment

cola,untill today DVDFab have the higher time in encoding time!But,because the encoding it's a very heavy work,you need a very good cpu and very good gpu also.I think you need a better GPU Nvidia...The ram isn't so important,this is my opinion.I have E8500 with ddr3 4g with Nvidia GTX 470,and in all options of bluray enconding i need 50 minutes.The better idea for me also it's to wait for cpu sandy brindge cpu's!From all that i read in google,they will have a hardware encoding core!It will be much much more power from CUDA.So my opinion is just keep your money untill Q1 of 2011...

Comment

Working...
      X