Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with umlauts

Hi,

I'm very new to DVDFab and so far I like it very much!
    However, I'm facing two problems already.

The first one is that when I use German umlauts for the file name and title those characters become garbage in the final file.

See the attached screenshot, the title and filename should be "Männerherzen".

For the file name this is easy to fix, but for the title I have no idea how to fix that.
    Is there any setting in DVDFab I can modify so the special chars will be used correctly?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Preachie
    Attached Files

You might have a better chance of getting an answer in the German language forum. Do you want me to move this thread there for you?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If you think that the chances are bigger to get an answer over there, yes please - Thanks

Comment

Here you are, and I hope you get the answer you need here!

Albert Einstein

Comment

If I read your post correctly you can name the output file anything you want by pressing the "Edit" button after your movie selection and change it here:
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, when I enter any umlauts in those fields you highlighted in your screenshot those characters become garbage in the result file. You can try it copy & pasting this string 'öäü' to those fields and see what happens

Comment

Ok, maybe I understand a little now, these are non Unicode characters. Try the following:

1. Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
              2. Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
              3. Select the language, and then click OK.
                To restart your computer, click Restart now.

I don't know for sure, but selecting German may allow the national characters?

Albert Einstein

Comment

It is already set to German.
                I stopped to define a title for the AVI, so I won't get incorrect result there.
                Thanks anyway for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X