Apple Music??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Music??

I saw in this thread the mention of Apple Music -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/third-...on-of-musicfab
    and says
    • Download music content from more streaming services like Apple Music, YouTube Music, and Tidal.

With Amazon and Spotify being included now, and these on the horizon, what is the licensing model for MusicFab? I mean if we buy today and get Spotify/Amazon Music, will we have to pay more when Apple Music and YouTube music come out? or will those other services be included?

KidJoe,

According to the FAQ on the MusicFab website you only get the modules that are included the package at the time of purchase and any new ones that come out in the future will have to be bought separately. Sounds like it's a similar licensing model to DVDFab, StreamFab and PlayerFab. StreamFab is pretty good about giving the new modules that come out within 30 days after the purchase for free (if you ask for them) but I don't know if MusicFab will have the same terms.

Apple Music is the one that I am after so I am going to wait until at least that is available before I make the decision to buy a license.

Comment

Thanks, I didn't see that on their FAQ.

DVDFAB Drm remover for ios is still working for my apple music files, so I'll be curious how much Music FAB is when Apple Music support comes.

Comment

That’s awesome that you still have DADFab DRM still working. I had a computer that it was working on but got rid of it and when I tried installing it on a new machine it was no longer available.

I’m not sure if it’s done by poor design or if the MusicFab website is unfinished… currently you can’t buy MusicFab as a package. The individual modules currently go for $129 for a lifetime license or $99 using a discount code (expires May 30th) for current DVDFab customers.

MusicFab presents itself as a partner company to DVDFab. I’m not sure if that is true or if DVDFab actually owns MusicFab. I’m thinking it’s the latter because the designs of the MusicFab website and software are VERY similar to DVDFab’s website and the StreamFab software. Also… our current login credentials for the member center on DVDFab also work for the member center on MusicFab. If they are separate companies I would not be comfortable with them sharing my login info (or any info, maybe payment info?) with each other. I tried looking up the owner of MusicFab’s domain name but everything was marked private.

Comment

jkadlec I know FAB has an affiliate program where others can sell the FAB products. see -> https://www.dvdfab.cn/webmaster.htm but that is just selling FAB's stuff, this seems to be a totally different product and license.

And yes, $129.99 for lifetime (without any discounts) per music service module does seem a bit steep at first glance, especially compared to the cost of individual StreamFab modules (about $90 without discounts). I would want Apple Music (depending on how it works), and maybe Amazon Music (because I have Prime) and/or Spotify (because my wife subscribes).

As for DRM Remover for iOS, if you purchased the license for DRM Removal for Apple/IOS in the past and have access to older versions of DVDFab, try removing what is on your PC, install one of the last DVDFab 11 x64 or one of the earliest DVDFab 12 x64 versions and see if DRM Remover is on the launch pad. If it is, then upgrade DVDFab back to the latest version. Release notes for v11.0.4.9 mentions a fix for "DRM Removal for Apple utility tool", so at least that version should include the base code. From there, you should be able to update it.... NOTE: 11.0.57 is the latest x64 on the extended downloader service. I just tested on my laptop since I have extra FAB PC licenses. Install DVDFAB 11.0.57 x64, authorize it, then run the latest DVDFAB 12.1.0.4 offline installer to upgrade, and you can launch and use DRM Removal for Apple)

My biggest issue with DRM Remover for iOS is the "speed". Itunes on my PC is still 12.9.0.167, and downloading music is REALLY SLOW... and it sometimes is slow to start and can hang when I want to use it. Of course that can then impact using using DRM Remover.
          Last edited by KidJoe; 04-28-2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

@jkadlec​ @KidJoe​ MusicFab is a partner company to DVDFab. And they are different product. For now, MusicFab sell the item separately like Amazon music and Spotify for now, and will not consider the whole package currently.
            The newly released item of MusicFab needs to be purchased separately. Apple music is developing and will be supported in the future, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X